Freelance Shooting in yorkshire?

Armchair Archer

Hi everyone,
Could anybody tell me if there is anywhere in east yorkshire (preferably near Hull) where i can shoot at anytime (indoor or outdoor)?
I'm looking to join one of two local clubs, but their beginners courses don't start til may and june respectively and neither will allow me to shoot until i've done their course, even though i've recently attended a GNAS course near london and have a [glowing] reference from the coach at that club.
I'm desperate to get shooting with all the new gear i have and the Mrs is starting to whine cos i spent a shed load of money on equipment thats just gathering dust in her mind!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Doc_Haynes

According to the NCAS Directory I have there are four clubs in your area - Beverley Target Club, Burton Constable Co. of Bowmen, Circle Archers and Hull Kingston Archers.

If you contact me by PM I can let you have the names, addresses and Tel No of the Secretarys so that you can get further details.

Armchair Archer

Thanks for that, i'm already in touch with Hull Kingston AND Circle. Burton Constable is more towards longbow and re-enctment, as i understand. Beverley target may be worth a try, but i've just been in contact with bridlington archers and they've agreed to let me go down next sunday, so that sounds promising!!

Again many thanks for your help

Thunk

Ironman
If you've already done a course, why would any club insist on you doing another before shooting?

Mick

Ironman
thunk said:
If you've already done a course, why would any club insist on you doing another before shooting?
I think you'll find that if you are not in possession or have previously held a GNAS card most clubs will look on you as a newbe and insist (for safety reasons)that you do a beginners course. Previous instruction from a coach, courses done with the scouts or other outside bodies ect don't usually cut much ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
My former club allows those with prior experience to shoot with a club member for an assessment. Costs ?5. I took my course with them last summer, but since I haven't been with a club or shooting regularly, I'll have to do that to find out if I have to retake the course or am allowed to join straight away. Good policy, I think.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
clickerati said:
I nearly fell out of my armchair!!!!

Welcome back!! :cake:
Nah, he's not back -- last post was back in December. :( We miss our east coast chav.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
TJ Mason said:
Nah, he's not back -- last post was back in December. :( We miss our east coast chav.
Ah, I see. I didn't even take notice of the date. Guess I got over-excited at the prospect of starting up the chav jokes again. Damn. I'm crushed now.

Bring back the chav!!