GB coach 2012

not dead yet

Ironman
well. last night i was caught out by B.C.E.(blatant case of entrapment.)

the thread didn't mention suk, or any other coaches and niether was market reseach mentioned on facebook where the convo was held. the post was closed during or straight after said convo..

maybe it should have been started ."if there was a vacancy, i would like to nominate..
but hey ho hind sight and all that. pity there's no foresight.

i believe the higher being (dave ) should reopen the said thread. with the added bit keep it on topic.

Exarcher

I totally agree, Although I'm not privy to the 'entrapment' on facebook I think the closing of the thread was unjust and unreasonable. Only one person alluded to the present encumbent of the post, unfortunately that wasn't complimentary.
Have you PM ed Dave to querie the closure. We having a good sensible discussion about the merits (or otherwise) of coaches we had encountered in the past, all totally harmless IMHO.
I sent a PM to the moderator who closed the thread to ask why. She said she had her reasons but didn't explain more.
Anyway, have a look at Fantasy Coaching Team Thread in the General Archery Section.... your imput is welcomed !

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Pete,

if you have comments or complaints about the conduct of moderators or members, could you please initially raise them in private with either Dave or one of the other Admins.

thanks.

T.

G

Sorry guys.. looks like I may have been inadvertently partly responsible for having the thread closed for stating the obvious that 'you know who, can't win you know whats' :)'

I seem to have a pet mod that follows my posts around like a bloodhound :gloomy:

I feel that imo the 'comfy coaching club' could benefit from a shake up.... unfortunately the general opinion these days seems to be 'don't rock the boat' (even when it has sunk!).
Let's hope the forum doesn't dumb down to the point where it's just jokes, adverts and questions about arrow spine that are posted.

I know that we have a GB team of great ability I just get cheesed off that they don't have the leadership they deserve

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Yes, John, it was your post asking Pete if it was a fantasy thing that made me ask him. (ps.. I read most posts.. one of the poorer jobs of being a mod)

Entrapment... stupid me, thought it would be best to come from the horses mouth.. ah well, I'll make it up next time and I'll certainly not be defending a friend!!

Exarcher.. from your statement above I went back & checked the pm's we had - I sent you one first with a link to the rules as you requested in the thread.. not at any time did we discuss the thread!

Maybe it's a female thing.. but I at least stand by what I say without feeling the need to change my story (and by this John I don't mean opinion.. I mean story of events having taken place).. or is that just effect to make lies to provoke a reaction??

Last edited:
G

Nice to know you're never far away tracy :raspberry
I change opinion as more info becomes available to me... the alternative is to just stagnate and have a narrow view of things (don't you find that?)

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I don't think that 'don't rock the boat' is the issue.

More a case of 'The GNAS/Archery GB coaching structure is poo' or 'Archery coaches are all useless' threads, posts and side comments cropping up from the same individuals on a regular basis, but sadly without any suggestions as to how it might be improved upon, what precisely is wrong.

It's fine and dandy that you hold these opinions, everyone is entitled to one. What you do have to bear in mind is that we are here to serve a wider community and to some extent encourage individuals, having them hear that message from your soapbox on a weekly basis.

If you strongly believe that there is an issue with coaching, then work to change it. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

G

I do what I can to help move coaching forward in the real world (in the time I have available to me that is). As far as 'online' goes I don't get stuck into coaches on aiuk anymore as I use our own coaching forum as I think that's the best place for petty squabbles.
On wider issues aiuk is a valuable safety net as everyone is aware that isolating an individual (or group) and denying them a voice is no longer possible (within reason).
As a direct result of this things have changed and are changing for the better imo as more people realise that they can't control the flow of info anymore

But I do like a bit on controversy now and then :)

G

It's not the gnas one as it doesn't work

Just click the link down low on the LHS of the Scottish Archery Association site to Scottish coaching and apply for membership, it should be automatic as you don't have to be a Scottish coach to contribute. aiulk's 7,3, miss is a member

Looking forward to all you gnas coaches joining.