GNAS Dress Code

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Reminds me of Lord Flashheart in Blackadder (second series). Talk about distracting people to shoot with!
Rik Mayall's greatest creation ... although my favourite was flashy from "goes forth"

Lord Flasheart: All right men, let's do-oo-oo it! The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite
[Flashheart taps the picture of the Sopwith Camel with his cane]
Lord Flasheart: like you treat your woman!
[Flashheart whips the air with his cane]
Lieutenant George: How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?
Lord Flasheart: No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.
Captain Blackadder: I'm beginning to see why the suffragette movement want the vote.
Lord Flasheart: Hey! Any girl who wants to chain herself to *my* railings and suffer a jet movement gets *my* vote!

and the truly immortal ...

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

"black" ... insertion into the rules and would obviate so many questions/comments/animosity....
It is interesting looking at the register of colours and the majority of clubs have registered either black or dark blue as the lower garment. Couldn't someone deduce from upon high that maybe this is what the membership wants? So as you have said, GNAS should just amend the rules, instead of adding an administrative layer of form filling that has to be gone through just to have a practical and obviously desired colour!

britvette

It is interesting looking at the register of colours and the majority of clubs have registered either black or dark blue as the lower garment. Couldn't someone deduce from upon high that maybe this is what the membership wants? So as you have said, GNAS should just amend the rules, instead of adding an administrative layer of form filling that has to be gone through just to have a practical and obviously desired colour!
Makes sense to me !! ........ but then what do I know :cyclops:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Swansea University colours are black/green/white and against my advice for some brighter colours the club decided to register those colours. Go fig.

GNAS rules do only specify:
plain dark green or white.
and not the exact shade of green... despite what some judges think. Of course, it's always a bravew archer would want to argue a point. There were compound archers who were disqualified at last years Welsh Indoor for supposed "illegal equipment". Equipment that in the judge's handbook says is legal.

britvette

I was there this morning and whilst the equipment was checked pretty well - I didn't see anyone being pulled up or checked for their dress (or trousers !!)

Did the original poster have any issues?

L

lee81070

Swansea University colours are black/green/white and against my advice for some brighter colours the club decided to register those colours. Go fig.

GNAS rules do only specify: and not the exact shade of green... despite what some judges think. Of course, it's always a bravew archer would want to argue a point. There were compound archers who were disqualified at last years Welsh Indoor for supposed "illegal equipment". Equipment that in the judge's handbook says is legal.
I believe the judge in question there has been removed from the judging pool, thankfully.

Riceburner

I got my greens at a local hardware / DIY type store - not a big shain B&Q type place but a private outfit - if you can find a shop that sells work wear , the likes that is worn in some factories then you should be able to pick them up easy enough - builders merchants are another place that you might find them .
I will be at the shoot on Sunday so if I have any problems with my greens being the wrong green , I will be sure to deflect the attack by pointing out your white JEANS !!!
HTH
Paul
1 issue I could see with "work-wear" is that it's generally a fairly heavy duty, high wear-resistance cloth - which tends to be very warm in the sun! Same issue with jeans.

I'm currently looking for clothing and searching this forum for purchasing sources...

Riceburner

GNAS Dress Code....

I'd turn up wearing a GNAS dress, a nifty little green number, or maybe my old wedding dress...that is very white. I presume there is nothing wrong with men wearing dresses in this PC correct society we find ourselves in. When something bugs you don't get angry, take the p155 out of it to illustrate its absurdity. That's what I sometimes do on forums and then other people get angry. People that get angry need to get a sense of perspective. ;)

Now Rab would not get angry, he is a very well balanced snappy dresser, made of pine, with a rodent complex that wood offend gnawbuddy.

I had a hamster once, a wee gold and white one. He wis called Goldy.
I wonder how much a pure white Kilt would be..... (or pure bottle green - I'm sure the Tartan registry would have a fit.... :D )