Gold at the Middlesex indoor open

LAC Mark

Bagged the gold for male barebow at the Middlesex indoor open, didn't shoot very well but managed to scrape 536 (Portsmouth round) to beat second place by 1 point.
Also took gold in the barebow team event with my brother, plus others in my club had good placing's as well.

To top it off it I'm waiting for confirmation I've made the county team.

It was another good weekend for Laleham Archery Club, we seem to be on a roll at present.

LAC Mark

Thanks guys.

Well I found out last night that a 13 year old girl beat my score, she shot 548 and 544 in her second session and took 2 UK records.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
It doesn't remove your gold for male barebow, though. I try to remind myself that it doesn't matter if someone gets a 'better' score than me, for me it's a question of did I do the very best that I can do, and did I beat my previous effort in the same round/competition/event?

LAC Mark

It doesn't remove your gold for male barebow, though. I try to remind myself that it doesn't matter if someone gets a 'better' score than me, for me it's a question of did I do the very best that I can do, and did I beat my previous effort in the same round/competition/event?
I agree, gold is still gold.
Although I didn't shoot my best, I did improve on my score from last time I shot this comp by 29 points, so all's good.

The young girl was Amelia Chumber, she's been rapidly climbing the ladder recently, even made 8th place at Lancaster last month, and that was in the ladies category (no junior category), so no shame in being beaten by her.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Today you were beaten by a better archer. Tomorrow you will be the better archer :) On Sunday I got 1st place barebow at a local tournament. I shot the worst score I have shot this season. PB's are about how you shoot. Winning tournaments is about how others shoot. It's important to measure one's self against one's self not against others. It seems you do. :)

LAC Mark

It's important to measure one's self against one's self not against others. It seems you do. :)
I do to a point, however my twin brother also shoots BB and we are highly competitive between us.
Shooting a PB or getting a medal is good, but beating my brother is better :LOL:
We've had 50 years of this bitter (but good natured) rivalry and it's not about to stop soon.

LAC Mark

In my last post I said the rivalry was not about to stop soon, well due to an recurring shoulder injury my brother has turned to the dark side, you know, the bow with the training wheels.

LAC Mark

It's been confirmed, I've made the county team :)

I was in the team in 2018, missed the qualification shoot in 2019 due to family issues, back on the team for 2020.