Hassle free adhesive for arrow tuning.

BigMo

I'm making up a set of wooden arrows for my flatbow (first time). I'll need to do some bare shaft tuning to find the correct length. My question is what can I use (other than hotmelt because I don't have any) to glue on but easily remove the points again as I'm cutting the shaft down to size?

Is there anything out there?

Tassell

When I first started to make wooden arrows I thought superglue would do the trick for points. It didn't. I use 'two tube' epoxy now, so I recommend superglue as a temporary fixative--you can snap the bond with a quick twist of the pliers. :)

Flamez

AIUK Saviour
When I first started to make wooden arrows I thought superglue would do the trick for points. It didn't. I use 'two tube' epoxy now, so I recommend superglue as a temporary fixative--you can snap the bond with a quick twist of the pliers. :)
Use tapered screw on points for temporary fix, perhaps with a dab of fletch adhesive.

For permanence use Gorilla Glue it sticks them solid, you won't easily get them off....

52BIGSBY

Hello,
I glued the piles as normal, and then used a little dab of viscous super glue on the nock. This made the nock easy to remove as well as it staying in place for the shooting. Simply remove the nock, saw off required amount (little and often), re-taper and start again.
My issue was that in order to compensate for lack of form I had to shoot the arrow many times to get an average for spine and brace height.
A beginners attempt,
Richard.