Have I missed anything ? ?

Corax67

Hello all - it’s been a weird 10 months of no shooting.

Thanks to work I managed to blow out my left rotator cuff and ended up having surgery to repair a tear.

Unable to shoot for an unknown time I dropped off the forum too - not fun mentally seeing others shooting when you cannot.

Covid lockdowns and club closure followed.

I now find myself finishing off an AGB “session coach” course which has been a revelation as was the “empowering archers” course that goes with it.

I am unable to play with my beloved 50# longbow or my recurve with its 42# limbs as I physically cannot draw them - cannot even get my compound over the shelf.

As of next weekend I will be on a blank boss with 20# recurve limbs, no sticky out bits and shooting as a beginner again, a far cry from the MB longbow archer I was a year ago.

Heard today that AGB have frozen fees again this year although given how little shooting has actually taken place a rebate would have been more appropriate for most club archers I feel.

Look forward to getting active again

Karl

D

Deleted member 7654

Good luck with getting back shooting...
I've noticed my stress levels going up during the last year...
Been arguing with people on FB :eek::rolleyes::ROFLMAO: ...
Working hard to be calm, positive and not belligerent (and anyone who says different can burger off!)
Actually booked into a 3D shoot in July :)
Del

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Oh very darn. I’ve had a dodgy shoulder all my adult life and while it’s generally fine, it likes to get me when I’m not expecting it; particularly drawing a bow. Mine has been gathering dust so a light draw (35lbs) flat bow was bought and I’m rather enjoying it, despite being as accurate as a blind vole.

Do take care on the exercises; a slightly overenthusiastic week on my DIY “bow trainer” did way more harm than good.
Good luck coming back. Take it steady though!

Last edited:

Corax67

Through the session coach course I’ve discovered warm up routines (my physio thinks they are spot on and essential) plus I’ve dropped the weights out of my riser (Inno CXT) to get the bow mass down to a minimum.

Slow and steady is very much the name of the game.

Eugen

Through the session coach course I’ve discovered warm up routines (my physio thinks they are spot on and essential) plus I’ve dropped the weights out of my riser (Inno CXT) to get the bow mass down to a minimum.

Walls built with bricks. So, making small steps forward you surely achieve your goal! Your pt is right, I have the same opinion.
wish you a very quick recovery and back to archery for 101%

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter

I use this and wish I’d discovered it years ago!

I had my second jab yesterday and my arm is pretty sore but I’m looking forward to shooting again, probably tomorrow.

Corax67

I had my second jab yesterday and my arm is pretty sore but I’m looking forward to shooting again, probably tomorrow.
Thanks for that - been double jabbed a while (joys of being old) so good to go

chrisgas

Supporter
Supporter

Personally I use this type of program for archery posture, this is just the shoulder alignment that screws up so many.. ;)
But watch it and you may pick up a good tip described in an easy way.

Eugen

First of all - he didn’t told that he describes deaths of millions of people. You put this meaning in his words and this is your right to think something what wasn’t said
second - he, as you or me or each of us, has his own opinion. Expression of own opinion is free and nothing bad. But with freedom of expression comes also a freedom of responsibility. This is not my or your business to evaluate and binary mark his opinion. It is HIS OWN opinion. I’m not a God and don’t think you are. So, his opinion is his only.
third - to mulch paranoia about everything in society. Making this forum a bright part of this mass-paranoidal movement i believe isn’t a goal and spirit of this forum.
and finally - we are archers and archery unite us and not opinions, visions, stereotypes etc. Let’s be archers with capital A.

D

Deleted member 7654

First of all - he didn’t told that he describes deaths of millions of people. You put this meaning in his words and this is your right to think something what wasn’t said
second - he, as you or me or each of us, has his own opinion. Expression of own opinion is free and nothing bad. But with freedom of expression comes also a freedom of responsibility. This is not my or your business to evaluate and binary mark his opinion. It is HIS OWN opinion. I’m not a God and don’t think you are. So, his opinion is his only.
third - to mulch paranoia about everything in society. Making this forum a bright part of this mass-paranoidal movement i believe isn’t a goal and spirit of this forum.
and finally - we are archers and archery unite us and not opinions, visions, stereotypes etc. Let’s be archers with capital A.
Your reply is wrong on almost every point.
1. He said, lockdown was because of "fake flu"... it was because of Covid 19 which HAS caused millions of deaths.
2. His opinion is his own opinion... fine... but not when he shares it in an inappropriate setting.
3. He refers to those of us who obey the restrictions as "lab rats" .. can you clarify, is that worse than being described as an idiot?
4. Your posts have done nothing to curtail the discussion, they have just exacerbated it.. I'm not sure why you felt obliged to join in?
Del

Eugen

Your reply is wrong on almost every point.
1. He said, lockdown was because of "fake flu"... it was because of Covid 19 which HAS caused millions of deaths.
2. His opinion is his own opinion... fine... but not when he shares it in an inappropriate setting.
3. He refers to those of us who obey the restrictions as "lab rats" .. can you clarify, is that worse than being described as an idiot?
4. Your posts have done nothing to curtail the discussion, they have just exacerbated it.. I'm not sure why you felt obliged to join in?
Del
Because I see ‘moralists’ daily in my job I decided to point out your drop deep down and express my unpopular opinion about suitability inappropriate labelling on here ….
as I said before - everyone can have own opinion and express it freely. We are not in n Korea, I hope.
about the place or settings where people are allowed to express opinions - can you please provide list of approved settings?
obligated? Not sure about wording….. I’m not obligatEd …. But like everyone of us I have my opinion and I expressed it. Of course you can have your own and fully accept labelling members of forum as a normal and appropriate

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I resent being called a lab rat. I lost three of my six immediate neighbors to this "fake flu". The post is not an opinion or free speach, it is just an insult and dangerous. If these sort of posts are allowed to continue on this forum I will be out of here :(

Last edited:

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
It is totally true that covid has caused millions of deaths and lasting health issues around the world in the last year, a situation demanding some form of response from the world's governments.

It is also true that the measures around it have themselves caused health issues, economic problems and a curtailment of personal freedoms.

We have here conflicting demands; we ought to be able to discuss the balance between these demands that we can live with as a society in an adult way without buzzwords, fake news, inflammatory statements and ad hominim attacks which are never a useful debating technique and only lead to further polarization.

And we should keep the discussion to appropriate forums which probably isn't a highjacked thread on an archery discussion group.

TL;DR - knock it off everyone :)

Last edited:

Eugen

Ultimatum? Hm…. Not clever….. some people are very fragile…
I HAVENT seen any insults… except one I mentioned earlier….

Corax67

Oh …… so this is what I’ve missed over the past 10 months

Not a great welcome back chaps :(