Homemade longbow stand

cccc

A few shots of a longbow stand I have just finished. Made from freshly fallen ( but not chopped down by me ) Beech and a chunk of log again scavenged from the wood floor. The base sticks into the ground with the aid of a 8 inch nail I found a few years ago.

Images are fixed and showing now :)

Its maybe a little shiny ( I used Yacht varnish as it was all I had to hand ), but has been a great prototype for my antler tipped model that I am working on now.

Any positive feedback or comments would be gratefully received :)

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Looks pretty good to me, particularly as you can't see what's holding it up, ie the nail. Nice one.

D

Deleted member 7654

Excellent, it should stop people (bumbling old gits and galumphing youngsters) trying to stand on your bow!
Could double as a nice walking stick too... or crook for herding aforementioned yougsters and gits ;)
Del

Phil Sheffield

Excuse my either ignorance or stupidity but I fail to see the picture to which the other replies appear to refer to.

Having said that there are also a number of other pictures on the forums that say click here to view picture.. that do not appear to work.

Is there perhaps some secret to picture viewing on this site?

pencarrow

Excuse my either ignorance or stupidity but I fail to see the picture to which the other replies appear to refer to.

Having said that there are also a number of other pictures on the forums that say click here to view picture.. that do not appear to work.

Is there perhaps some secret to picture viewing on this site?
I too, can not see the pictures on this post.
Cheers
Fritz

Corax67

Fiendishly clever - a stealth bow rest which does not show up in pictures, well not on my browser anyway :)

Karl