How can I make my clicker louder

Little brian

Does anyone got any ideas on making my clicker sound a bit louder? Maybe I should fit a carbon one as the one I have is a bog standard cartel,or maybe stick something on the riser ??

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
What is the clicker blade striking against to make the "click"? If it is just flying past the edge of the riser and not striking it, a plate can be added.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Putting the screw to shorten the length will make it snappier. I carefully bend mine so it hits the riser sooner. That also makes it snappier. I don't like the carbon ones are they can break at just the wrong moment. Beiter used to do different thicknesses. Obviously a thicker one is springier.

Once you've got used to it, you'll end up *feeling* the clicker rather than hearing it, so don't worry too much.

fbirder

Does anyone got any ideas on making my clicker sound a bit louder? Maybe I should fit a carbon one as the one I have is a bog standard cartel,or maybe stick something on the riser ??
I can so sympathise with this. My first indoor shoot I went to pieces because it was so noisy in the school hall that I couldn't hear my clicker at all.

A carbon one made it worse. A metal one bent to maximise the force with which it hit the clicker plate helped.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
You could try an AAE magnetic clicker - they make a heck of a noise when they slap against the riser or clicker extension. But a word of warning - having a loud clicker stuffed up my recurve shooting big time. I reacted to it more strongly than I should have, and didn't have full control of the shot at point of release. So don't go too loud.