Hoyt Epik clicker thread?

Hi guys,

Can anyone please confirm the clicker thread for a 2019 Hoyt Epik?

I had assumed 6/32 but a new Beiter 6/32 won't fit in either hole - nor will a few other 6/32 allen bolts and clicker bolts I have lying around.

I only tried finger tight -did not want to force them - so i guess it could be paint or just a dirty thread... but I daren't try too hard

My prodigy and RX are 6/32

I was wondering if Hoyt have gone metric for the Epik? M4? ......God forbid.... this seems impossible to me...

I was thinking of getting a tap and just trying to clean the thread up a bit - but need to check 1st

cheers and thanks in advance

chuffalump

I'm guessing not many Epik owners. Unlikely that Hoyt would change specs like that though. A magnifying glass might reveal thread damage.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
It may be the anodising that is causing interference. Is the hole thread anodised? What colour is the bow? Black tends to require a greater buildup of anodic (oxide) layer than other colours, to take a good dye.

It may be the anodising that is causing interference. Is the hole thread anodised? What colour is the bow? Black tends to require a greater buildup of anodic (oxide) layer than other colours, to take a good dye.
Thanks for confirmation of 6-32 guys - Now i can continue my plan.. I have ordered a thread tap - and will 1) try that in my other Hoyt to make sure its 6-32 UNF - 2) if it's correct, very very gently since it is tiny and will be brittle - try to ream out the threads.

cheers - sorted!

yes both - the same - as per my initial post - so that's why i thought paint less likely - no worries, I will tap them out - the holes are already drilled to correct depth - so just need to tap em gently

chuffalump

Ah, sorry, didn't notice the "either". Both holes being the same might make it more likely to be the paint as both holes get treated at the same time, whilst the tapping is two separate events. From my work experience anyway.