Hungarian Bows etc.

gwynn

A [NFAS] friend shoots a Scythian using the thumb ring, arrow on the 'wrong' side of the bow. Only trouble he has is that in competition the thumb ring is classed as a release aid and he finds he's shooting unlimited! But he loves it and wouldn't change and that's what it's all about isn't it? And yes he has got a pointy hat.

English Bowman

You can shoot them G.N.A.S. they would count as Trad, along with modern recurve bows (if you used wooden arrows and the correct draw/loose) You will find that this style is supported in field, but not often in target. In target archery you would be most likely lumped in with recurves with sights.
So can you shoot them? yes. Can you be competitive with them? unlikely. But if you shoot for fun, and aren't a pot hunter, than get one and enjoy it.

Daniel

pete

Howdy, if you like a challenge try one, with a thumb ring too,it seems to cause a certain amount of er.... discussion into what category it falls, personally I just love the challenge and the feel of shooting this way.........and yes I'm the one with the pointy hat.
pete

Dolphin Boy

Unfortunatly, all new toys are on hold at the moment. Got a bit of a form-problem at 100yds.
I have a cure, but need mondo praccie!