I Did It, I Did It !!!!!!!!!

Armchair Archer

I know that this is blowing my own trumpet, but I finally made my first 6 Gold end !!!!!!</p>

Could have been neater, but who cares ????</p>

It also shows my nocking point problem, any suggestions?</p>

Gonna have to change my signature now !!!!!</p>

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
<font color="#3300ff" size="5">Well done A<sup>2</sup>!!!!</font></p>

cecile

If I interpret correctly the title of the picture, it was 30 yards range, wasn't it?
And what size was the face? 80 or 122 cm diameter (it looks like 122)?

Armchair Archer

sorry everyone.</p>

I know that in competition, it has to be done at 80 y / 70m, but i've only been shooting for 4 weeks and this is my greatest acheivment.</p>

I've been hitting 4 and 5 golds on a regular basis but couldn't get the 6th. On my list of personal goals, this was quite high and now i feel ready to shoot at a greater distance,?maybe 50 yards.</p>

I'm in a club competition soon shooting a junior western?? (2 doz @40, 2 doz @30)?so to be able to hit 6 at 30 is something i've been aching to do, but thanks to everyone for pointing out the discrepency</p>

Also, i never said that i wanted to claim the 6 gold, i simply said that i hit <font color="#ff0000">A </font><font color="#000000">6 gold end !!!!!</font></p>

Haywain

Anytime you pass a personal goal is always an achievement. Well done !!!

What's the next step? Now you've done that, you have to choose the next one :)

Armchair Archer

Thanks haywain, next up is to shoot the mini competition at the club and do the same thing at 40yds, 50, 60 70 right up to competition standard. I've set myself an ultimate goal to be in proper competition by the end of this year or early next !!!</p>

Thanks to everyone else who recognised my goal, too !!! It means a lot !!!</p>

Maybe thats why beginners return rates run at around 5%, too many people are too quick to criticise. Do me a favour, EVERYONE, next week at your club, take time out to praise a novice, lets be able to say that members of ARCHERY INTERCHANGE tried to increase?return rates among beginners. "Well done" or "that was good" take a second to say, but stay with the novice for a long time and give him / her a reason to come back.</p>

Just because shorter distances are irrelevant to more experienced archers, remember, everybody has to start somewhere, even olympic champions !!!!!</p>

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Armchair Archer - 15/5/2005 10:28 PM
Just because shorter distances are irrelevant to more experienced archers, remember, everybody has to start somewhere, even olympic champions !!!!!
</p>

Here here, A<sup>2</sup>!!!
We novices need all the encouragement we can get. It's daunting learning something new and shooting next to people who've been at it for years. </p>

And one day soon, if he keeps shooting like this, we'll be able to say we knew Neal when!! ;) BTW...nice chair!</p>

cecile

I agree, this is a very good start, and after only 4 months shooting!
Keep making improvements and achieving goals showing your progression!

Archery1st

Congrats AA you done well, getting your first all gold end and at a comp is nothing to be scoffed at, just remember to shoot each arrow as a single shot and not think about those before or after and you'll be doing it all the time.</p>

Congrats again :)</p>