I really don't need a dual click, but don't see a sensible way out!

B

BigBiker

So, my little lad has decided to have a sight for his Samick Polaris.

No problem I thought, only a fiver. Then decided I would get the 15 quid one, Cartel. I know that the club ones have fallen to bits. This has been backed up here. It's probably false economy to buy him a K sight for 25 as I could just give him mine and have a dual click. Can't really afford it, but what the hell and this is probably an inevitable route anyway!!:scratchch

So talk me out of it, this 5 quid sight has snowballed!!:bang: Or, more accurately, this clicker has snowballed!!

Cheers

Kevin

Hidden Hippo

To be honest, most of the stuff relating to sights is about confidence in your equipment. I don't need an Ultima on my recurve, but I know that its not going to come loose at a critical moment or break in the middle of a competition which gives me one less thing to worry about. I can't answer the question on whether it is worth it for you, but personally I would get a decent sight over a cheapie.

Chris B

The SF Carbon is very good value sight, with all the features you'd ever need, similar to some of the top of the range ones, at a much more down to earth price; Bowsports Sights

quite abit cheaper than the duel-click, and in some ways, has better adjustment.

Robert

Ironman
So, my little lad has decided to have a sight for his Samick Polaris.

No problem I thought, only a fiver. Then decided I would get the 15 quid one, Cartel. I know that the club ones have fallen to bits. This has been backed up here. It's probably false economy to buy him a K sight for 25 as I could just give him mine and have a dual click. Can't really afford it, but what the hell and this is probably an inevitable route anyway!!:scratchch

So talk me out of it, this 5 quid sight has snowballed!!:bang: Or, more accurately, this clicker has snowballed!!

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin, you don't NEED a new sight but you do WANT it.
Give your lad the sight and bypass the dual click so you can have the delicious and superbly engineered shib ultima carbon... sorry can't talk you out of it. If you have the cash then get the shibuya, if not then it can wait and the lad can make do with a map pin and a piece of foam tape ....

Paper_Arrow

As an aside, i was going to suggest the merlin recurve sights, but they seem to have dissapeared since i last checked the website!!

Does anyone know what has happened to them, and will they will be making a return?

Last edited:

Random_guy

Another vote for the SF sight over the dual-click. My girlfriend had the dual-click, and got really, REALLY annoyed with it, so she ended up getting an ultima for xmas. I had the arc-systeme before i bought my ebay'd sure-loc, and the SF is effectively a knock off of that, both good sights.

See if you go with the SF, its *almost* like ur SAVING money, what more justification do you need! ;)

tel

Fonz Awardee
I went for the SF pro carbon - seemed a good option. However the carbon extension isn't straight and as I (until recently) changed extension to hit 100 yrds/ 90m it was a pain in the #### to adjust windage at distance change. I tried to contact SF and got nowhere ....
I do wonder though - what is wrong with the draught excluder/pin route that makes a sight worth more than three figures?

B

BigBiker

Would the SF be false economy??

what was wrong with the DC to make the girlfriend so annoyed??

Thanks

Chris B

actually my other sight is a dual click, and there are some things that annoy me about it. its got the now-outdated locking screw elevation adjustment, and the windage and vertical twiddly bits do stiffen up very readily. i took it apart the day before yesterday and tried to loosen it a bit. its a bit better but not perfect.

i use an Ultima on my competition bow, but i bought that before the SF was around. my friend who is also on this forum bought an SF under my guidance and i think he is reasonably happy with it. it certainly seemed sturdy and very well engineered & well finished..

ps. trying to take apart and rebuild any shibuya sight is a baffling ordeal and not recommended to undertake without doctorate in engineering..

cornish george

I've used a dual click for nearly a year now, and gone from 3rd class to bowman with it, i think that say's enough about the sight's integrity.

Chris B

I've used a dual click for nearly a year now, and gone from 3rd class to bowman with it, i think that say's enough about the sight's integrity.
now hang on a sec.. congratulations on your ascention to bowman, but i dont think that can be attributed 100% to your sight. give yourself some of the credit:raspberry

it is a good sight, but i think we are looking for 'good' alternatives which will do the job for a bit less money..

Yorker

I was shooting and someting serious was going on because somehow my arrows were going 6 foot higher than they should be.

My cartel sight block had dropped half an inch, throughout the shoot the apeture kept turning as well.

Needless to say I treated it to some funny names. If I had had a dual click or other sight I wouldn't have had any of that BS to contend with.

Munsterman

SF Carbon pro is a great option but as others have pointed out - SF do not do correspondence if you have a problem or query (very poor customer service in my mind)

B

BigBiker

the sensible way is to wait until christmas and get the ultima!!:cheerful:

tel

Fonz Awardee
I bought a SF carbon pro and found thast the extension was very twisted took it back and got a shibuya Ultima carbon, now very happy.
Nick
My problem was not spotting it soon enough (you always look for the fault in yourself before the 'expensive' kit you just bought...or is that just me?) Next change will be either sureloc or shibuya.....jury's still out. One thing for sure is that although there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the SF pro they wont be getting another order from me, purely because they can't answer a simple Customer Service email - these things aren't peanuts and I don't expect to be ignored when reporting a problem.

(just realised I missed a chance to say hello - and congratulate you on a better day! ;))

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
I just got my new shibuya today. Remember I'm a time served engineer, so I know good workmanship when I see it & yup, it's good, very, very good. Currently using one of the arc systeme SX100 sights. it is ok, but there has always been a bit of play on the block.

Thing is as well. a good sight is an investment. My parents bought me a killian chek-it for my 18th birthday in 1976 & it lasted years. Those days it was the bees knees, and unbelievably expensive in todays terms.

acehero

I used the the SF carbon for a good while before getting a very nice Win & Win sight as a birthday present. Before those I had cartel things which are designed to fall apart or drop important screws in the grass at the merest hint of vibration. The SF sights are very good for the price and my old one is for sale if anyone is interested (just pm me - will get it in archers mart when I get round to it.)