[Horsebow] Impulse purchase

4d4m

Just treated myself to a Samick SKB for a bit of fun "because I'm worth it" :)

What a sweet little bow, can't stop shooting it. Only 35# (at 30") but it still sends them out at a fair lick; burying my 11/32" woodies for my flatbow 8" deep into the foam bosses at 30 yards. It shoots with a lovely quiet thrum sound and has no handshock at all.

I wanted something fun that I could shoot all day so went for this one but in hindsight I could have easily got 40#
Interestingly I have a 33" draw on recurve but I'm only pulling this one 31.5" med draw.

I'm in two minds whether to try the rubber grip. I'm not keen on the look of it but found since the back of the bow is quite square the "corner" digging into my little finger knuckle when it kicks forward. Or I might wrap the handle in leather or something.

Riceburner

Just treated myself to a Samick SKB for a bit of fun "because I'm worth it" :)

What a sweet little bow, can't stop shooting it. Only 35# (at 30") but it still sends them out at a fair lick; burying my 11/32" woodies for my flatbow 8" deep into the foam bosses at 30 yards. It shoots with a lovely quiet thrum sound and has no handshock at all.

I wanted something fun that I could shoot all day so went for this one but in hindsight I could have easily got 40#
Interestingly I have a 33" draw on recurve but I'm only pulling this one 31.5" med draw.

I'm in two minds whether to try the rubber grip. I'm not keen on the look of it but found since the back of the bow is quite square the "corner" digging into my little finger knuckle when it kicks forward. Or I might wrap the handle in leather or something.
you get used to the square section of the bow. wrap some tennis racquet grip round it might be easier?

oh - remember to make sure it's the right way up.... ;) (not that it matters!)

Riceburner

My mind50 is slightly asymmetrical. Been using it for clout recently. Not serious but great fun.
How come? (and in what way?)

I can do a 180yd clout with my 60lb-er, it's at the limit of my range - but using heavy arrows, 100grn field points and 4" shield fletchings doesn't help! ;)

chuffalump

How come? (and in what way?)

I can do a 180yd clout with my 60lb-er, it's at the limit of my range - but using heavy arrows, 100grn field points and 4" shield fletchings doesn't help! ;)
If I lie it on a flat surface the distance from the surface to the limb tips is different. Not by a massive amount so I don't know if its built in tiller or manufacturing defect.

We did 165m but scored GNAS. Didn't have much problem with three fingers under/corner of the mouth anchor. I have 100gn brass screw on tips and three inch feathers. 45lb rated bow.