Indoor arrow advice - new X7's vs skinny carbon arrows

jonUK76

I'm currently using ACC's for outdoors, and a set of Eclipse X7's for indoors. I'm using 29" 1914's and they seem to shoot reasonably well at 37 lb's at the fingers (I was shooting at 40 lbs, but the bareshaft test with them was showing as very weak, with the bare shafts landing about 2 ft to the right at 18 m) so I wound my limb bolts out several turns. The X7's have been used extensively and are starting to look the worse for wear (the majority of them are at least scored, some dented, from arrow impacts). So I'm considering getting some new indoor arrows. I noticed Avalon Tec One's with pin nocks on sale, at a price that will cost me significantly less than a new set of X7's. Would they, as skinny carbon arrows be a decent choice for indoor use, or should I spend the extra and get X7's? From the little I've heard, the Tec One's are considered decent quality for their price. I can't use them outdoors at our club as the field is shared and we have a ban on pure carbon arrows, so they'd be indoor only.

I don't put much weight on the value of line cutting with fatter arrows if I'm honest. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Aleatorian

Just my view but, when I shot Recurve I got more points of using a well tuned "outdoor" setup rather than retuning for a "line-cutter" setup. You tend to keep the forgiveness of your setup when you fluff up with your proper arrows.

And the bonus is no retune when you head back outside.

I used to get cursed by other recurvers when i showed up with fat arrows mainly due to shooting portsmouths were up to 4 archers shared a face and I was taking up more than my normal share pushing people out of the gold

Now with the compound, I'll take my fat arrows all day every day!

jonUK76

Cheers. Don't get me wrong, although the X7's aren't brilliantly tuned, are quite battered, and don't bareshaft perfectly, they are still going where i want them to on the whole (managed a 550 Portsmouth the other day, including completely messing up one end by adjusting my sight the wrong way...). I don't think I'd want to risk my outdoor arrows indoors. What I was pondering is whether some very cheap (but according to the specs, very straight) carbons may be worth a shot.

jerryRTD

Cheers. Don't get me wrong, although the X7's aren't brilliantly tuned, are quite battered, and don't bareshaft perfectly, they are still going where i want them to on the whole (managed a 550 Portsmouth the other day, including completely messing up one end by adjusting my sight the wrong way...). I don't think I'd want to risk my outdoor arrows indoors. What I was pondering is whether some very cheap (but according to the specs, very straight) carbons may be worth a shot.
Alt sporting services have Avalon Classics at ?24.92 a doz and Tech 1's at ?40.78 for bare shafts.

Mistake

Ironman
I'm personally shooting the 7 Aces I have left from this season until I pull the trigger on a new set of limbs.. At which point I'll also look to get next years aces.

I find that I prefer how my bow feels and reacts when shooting thin arrows, and I still put in decent scores with A/c arrows

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk