Info about Hanson Bowmen

BigAl09

Hi Everyone,

I'm a total newbie on this forum, apologies if I have posted this message in the wrong place.

I am looking to start field archery and noticed that Hanson Bowmen near Spondon, Derbyshire are close to me.

I've sent an email to the contact email address listed on NFAS website but not heard anything. I've also been searching the internet about the club but cannot find any recent information/news regarding the club. There is a Facebook page but it looks like a closed members page.

Does anyone know how I could contact the club or if they have disbanded?

The NFAS has a shoot listed for the club on the 2017 shoots list so have assumed they should be still active. Any help would be gratefully received.

Berk

I can't help you with this specific case, but it's a (slight) trend that I have noticed in my local field and target clubs. Old websites with out of date information, I think my local field club's website was last updated in 2013, and the website for the target club I'm thinking about joining was last updated in 2015. It's rather frustrating in this day and age, when we have the means to disseminate information easily and efficiently, that we're reduced to hunting down phone numbers and references to future shoots on another site to find out if a club is even still running.

I know that if the club I did my beginners course at didn't have an up-to-date and informative website I probably wouldn't have taken up the sport.

AndyW

BigAl09,
Yes they are still alive and well but the email gets checked periodically rather than religiously. The contact on the NFAS website is Trevor and as far as I know the phone number on the same contact page is his home phone so leave him a message. P.S. you can't get a better club, lovely folks, cracking wood and if I lived that way that's who I'd join. I always shoot Hanson when I can.

BigAl09

Thanks for all the replies. Not rang the phone number as I thought the email might be better . Big thank AndyW for the recommendation, I'll give Trevor a ring.

Big thank you again to everyone.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

BigAl09

Sorry AndyW, my message should have read "big thank you AndyW for the recommendation"

AndyW

BigAl09, When you get there don't mention to Trevor that the bow I sold him last month is actually pink. He's convinced it's a light reddish purple.

BigAl09

Hi AndyW,
been to Hanson's a couple of times and found everyone really friendly.

Trevor has been brilliant and made me and my daughter very welcome. Seems like a really nice club. Oh I believed I saw the fabled "light purple" bow today.

Thanks for your help again.