Internet based record keeping software

cwjs

Hi Folks,

I have been working on a record keeping system and I am about ready to release it.

The point of the software is to keep records for each shoot including practice shoots, it does not plot the position of the arrow, I feel can be a bit difficult to reproduce exactly the position of the arrow and therefore I have left that out.

This software will provide both Classification and Handicap figures for each recognised shoot (this is a laborious job and I am still doing it but hope to finish soon).

If you would like to see how it works and maybe join please look for the test login on the forum.

The site is www.myarcheryscores.com

It does work on mobile devices as well as PCs and Laptops, it just needs internet access , I am also working on making it into a mobile app.

I look forward to your comments

Dansig

I looked at your site, I did not register since you are collecting to much private info.
I also switched to Icelandic language and it translated the site to jibberish...
so you can disable Icelandic since google is just unable to translate my language.

for registration you should only have username and password, other info should be optional in profile.

the mandatory info you request would be enough for a good hacker to take over someones identity...

cwjs

I looked at your site, I did not register since you are collecting to much private info.
I also switched to Icelandic language and it translated the site to jibberish...
so you can disable Icelandic since google is just unable to translate my language.

for registration you should only have username and password, other info should be optional in profile.

the mandatory info you request would be enough for a good hacker to take over someones identity...
Hi Dansig,

Thank you for your comments,
I have removed Icelandic, I do not speak it so could not check it.

The non optional fields in the registration are

Name ( you can call yourself whatever you like ) it is not shown in the public profile
Email ( needs to be real ) it is not shown in the public profile
Username This is seen, but you can call yourself anything you like
Archery Club This is shown on the public profile, it will help recorders but does not need to be real
Bowtype This is seen, not sure why anyone would want to hide that
Date of Birth Needed to work out Classifications it is not shown in the public profile
Sex Needed to work out Classifications it is not shown in the public profile
Recorder This is seen but not sure why you would hide it

All the other fields are optional, which fields do you think would help a hacker ?

Regards

Clive

grimsby archer

(a) Why is he asking for this extended info anyway? Is it just the joomla template default?
(b) Who is to say you'd put in genuine info? LIE!

cwjs

Hi,

Just to keep this in context, the only other info you could put in if you wish is

City: This Field IS NOT visible on profile
State: This Field IS NOT visible on profile
Zip Code: This Field IS NOT visible on profile
Address: This Field IS NOT visible on profile
Phone #: This Field IS NOT visible on profile

I am using a Joomla framework, so I do use some of the user template, why not ? it is just a click for me to turn fields on or off

The reason I have put in the extra info is to help if there is a problem with identification. Over the last couple of years I have seen so many people lose their Email accounts and not be able to get them back, not only have Email accounts been lost but some people and PC engineers just wipe a computer that has been affected with viruses and have lost everything, the extra info would help both me and the member to reinstate the account.

and yes you can lie or not put in the optional info that is up to you.

Mufti

I selected English and ended up with some other unpronounceable language.
I tried to select it again and it was not available to select.

Didn't bother with any more clicking - I couldn't understand the language after that.

cwjs

Hi Mufti,

Thanks for that, I tested it with other langauges but not clicking on English first for some reason, I will try and find out why it puts it into Afiricaans, to put it back to English click on Engels, it only seems to do it the first time, very odd !