Jack the yeoman bow?

Robbie19981

Hi everyone I have a jack yeoman bow I believe I can't find anything online about it or it's value I'm looking to sell anywhere suggest where to sell many thanks in advance

Last edited:

Berny

if you showed some pics you might get an offer here ;-)
Best place to get the "right" price is Ebay!

Have you tried googling "jack the yeoman bow" - you will get a few links.

As a bit of a fan boy I have quite a few Yeoman bows & associated markting collateral ....
e.g. '60s recurves WoodColourGlass.jpg

& some '50s semi-recurves
tigers_4-(1) (Large).JPG

Not aware Yeoman made "longbows", but pioneered in the "composite" recurve market!
Here's some further info, & more here & there ....

Last edited:

Robbie19981

As a bit of a fan boy I have quite a few Yeoman bows & associated markting collateral ....
e.g. '60s recurves View attachment 8709

View attachment 8710

Not aware Yeoman made "longbows", but pioneered in the "composite" recurve market!
Hi my mistake it's the same as the bottom pictures 1950s possibly I shall take some pictures next week when I have time thanks for the help I have searched ebay and nothing comes up with any for sale or sold what is the going price for the 1950s.
Regards
Rob

Berny

These old Yeoman's don't come up often, maybe most broke - don't forget it was the early days of "composite" bows.
Maybe £30-40 .... but depends on condition & who's watching at the time.
There were 4 models that looked like that: Tiger, Panther, Gazelle, Roebuck each model either or both of differing length or draw weight.
The model name should be on the bow - in decal form, the draw weight & length should be stamped on the handle along with a serial no.
There were at least 2 versions of each model which varied the materials used for backing & facing (belly), reflecting the state of "composite"
manufacture in the UK at that time & that imported from the US.
Tiger appears to have been the commonest (those 4 above are Tigers, some are socketed).
It would be useful to see some pics esp. full length & the details: length, draw weight, draw length (which can help identify model if the decal is missing), the backing & facing material & the tips/overlays.

For more info see my photo album here: Facebook

Last edited:

JamesHoy

e.g. '60s recurves View attachment 8709

View attachment 8710

I have one the same as these for sale if interested please send me a message

Berny

interested, but who is "Phil Ish"? .... (seen this bow in my "Vintage British Bows" group on FB)
....& who are you?

....& please post some full length pics so the "punters" can see what's on offer .... unstrung & strung from the
side so can see shape .... ;-)