Just noticed a problem on one bow limb (Kinetic Trium-X)

jonUK76

Hi, wondered if I could have any opinions from the more experienced on here about an issue I've just noticed on one of my bow limbs. It must have happened very recently, and hasn't corresponded with any accidents (the bow has never been dry fired, is not using excessively light arrows or anything like that), and has had fairly light use in the time since I bought it in 2018. It's a side interest to my recurve mainly, but I've been shooting it a lot more in the last month or so (I shot around 100 arrows the other night for example, without noticing any problem).

It looks to me like the top lamination has cracked, and I'm taking it as an early sign of something going wrong. My cautious side is saying not to touch it, take it to my nearest dealer (which would be Wales Archery) and see what they say about it. Or is it just cosmetic? What do you think?

As a side note, I guess no-one will really know, but on the off-chance someone does, what would be the chances of being able to get new limbs for these? They were made by Sanlida for Kinetic (SSA Archery), and although Kinetic has stopped selling this bow, I believe Sanlida still sell it in identical form as the Prodigy X10 which are sold through various UK dealers today.

Cheers (pics to follow)

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
No, that's definitely the beginnings of a limb failure and I would not continue to shoot it. If it's out of warranty time to source a new pair of limbs.

jonUK76

Thanks, it's what I feared. I'm fairly sure it'll be out of warranty but hopefully will be able to get replacements somehow.

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Do wales archery sell Sanlida kit? Sounds like your best option would be find a dealer that does sell them and see if they fit.....

jonUK76

Do wales archery sell Sanlida kit? Sounds like your best option would be find a dealer that does sell them and see if they fit.....
They do. It's just I've heard from some sources that these Chinese bows aren't always easy to source spare parts for. Hopefully they'll be able to help, but I must admit I've been browsing through the current bows available to see what I fancy, should it come to that...

jonUK76

Just a little update on this. I managed to get a full set of four new limbs directly from Sanlida, free of charge. They are not Kinetic branded but they confirmed they made these bows for Kinetic and the Prodigy is identical to the Trium-X. Unfortunately none of the UK dealers I've tried was able to help. I must admit, I was not expecting too much when I contacted Sanlida, but was pleasantly surprised. One of their sales managers replied and asked to see pics of the damage, and agreed to replace them straight away. Can't say fairer than that (y). They arrived a week later by Fedex. Just have to get them installed now, which I'll leave to the pro's.