KINETIC ARIOS 2 RISER - Any good?

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
FINALLY got some confirmation from the shop, who had to go through their suppliers all the way to Kinetic....

Hi Aslan,
Yeah, they had to find out. It is a wrap is what they found out.
Kind regards,
[redacted]
So that's a wrap then ;)

It'll prolly be January before I go riser-shopping now, I'm in the process of a car-change for the next month or two.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
I do like those handles!

Yeah, my Fury should be here by the weekend - pics & report will be on my diary thread, as usual ;)

AJBrady

I've got one, so has my wife.

If I had to be really picky there are a couple of things that could be better
1) No inserts in the button hole threads. I haven't looked but I suspect this is stardard for this price range but I can see years of taking out and refitting the button might eventually wear them out.
2) On mine I had to shim out (ie put a bit of plastic behind) the top sight mount to get the sight bar completely vertical. No problem with my wifes and it is likely this is actually a problem with sight rather than the riser. I never bothered investigating as it was a very easy fix.
No need to fiddle with shims; one of the two holes where the vertical track screws to the extender will be slightly elongated, so you just slacken the screws slightly and adjust until the track is perfectly vertical.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Darren simply doesn't take the button out, so no worries there. There's enough room in his case to leave it on the riser permanently.

brman

No need to fiddle with shims; one of the two holes where the vertical track screws to the extender will be slightly elongated, so you just slacken the screws slightly and adjust until the track is perfectly vertical.
Already did that, very little adjustment there on my sight and not enough in this case :(

TRG

I too am looking into the Kinetic Arios 2 riser, or rather the lovely unicorn coloured Spectra (I do like a bit of bling) as a possible step up from my KAP Winsfrom which I have had the last 6 years or so.
I do love the grip which I think will help in the long run as my current grip is "sharp" and digs into the hand so it has grip tape wrapped around.

Attachments

Steve1968

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Has anyone got anything - good or bad - to say about this riser?

...and more specifically, is it a reasonable step-upgrade from a WNS Axiom alpha for a roughly intermediate freestyler? (me, ofc!)

(there are no online reviews I can find, just sales blurb)

- Up until a few days ago I had the WNS Forged Elite penciled in as my next upgrade but a variety of factors - including the fact that it's being replaced by the 'Motive' & may not even be available by the time I go riser-shopping again - has got me thinking about alternatives.
What bow did you buy in the end?

I recently bought the WNS Motive FX which you mention, In my opinion this is a really good riser for the money. I have posted a review in the user reviews section.