knocking points (again!)

tel

Fonz Awardee
Dave said:
And they leave a rather unsightly scar on your arm if you get a shot wrong and it hits behind your brace.
from experience Dave?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Unfortunately, yes - and it wasn't from full draw either, I'd just strung my bow, pulled on it to check it and it slipped from about quarter draw and the brass nock gouged my forearm quite nicely. Here's a pic, though it's not that noticeable here.

T

TimCroot

Without a timer you have to rely on the theory that the less the string has to carry as it moves it will be faster. There are some very clever guys out there who can pop up the maths i guess for this.

But by looking at some very good archers it does seem to have a wide following. I have noticed that the arrows changed their point of impact after fitting the string nocking points, bare shaft moved by a few inches!

Last edited:

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I agree. Brass nocking points left a nasty cut in my tab. Dread to think what it could do to a finger on a bad relese :eek: . However, when I replaced the nocking point with floss the cut on the tab served as a good guide for trimming it

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Tom said:
However, when I replaced the nocking point with floss the cut on the tab served as a good guide for trimming it
Best guide to trimming a tab that there is. Same reason I went to dental floss.

The minty stuff also smells nice:cool: , until the superglue takes over.:yuck:

Mick

T

TimCroot

You certainally need to make sure the superglue has set before drawing back to your naoe as the anchor, try explaining that to the A & E staff :shocked:

Armchair Archer

I changed from brass to cotton, due to the fact that the brass was wearing my tab. Used the same method as in the pics, then finished with superglue.
I was going to use dental floss, but all the methods i saw said to use unwaxed and i couldnt find any anywhere. What does everyone else use, waxed or unwaxed??

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
You can usually pick up unwaxed dental floss from fishing shops!

Kevinf2349

Armchair Archer said:
I changed from brass to cotton, due to the fact that the brass was wearing my tab. Used the same method as in the pics, then finished with superglue.
I was going to use dental floss, but all the methods i saw said to use unwaxed and i couldnt find any anywhere. What does everyone else use, waxed or unwaxed??
I use waxed floss. The wax melts and makes a tight little nocking point once you heat it up.