Leather for handles

djthompson

Hi,

I'm trying to find a supplier of leather (ideally on a roll) that can be used for the grip of a bow. I have used tennis grips, but they have logos on. Ideally I'd like something logo free.

Cheers, D

Bald Eagle

And expensive! Go to your local sofa retailer and ask if they have any old sample books, I do and they are good for bow handles and scope bags and pouches and anything else you might find a use for!!

djthompson

That's a good suggestion Bald Eagle!

Ideally I'd like something I can just wrap round, maybe with a glue / adhesive already on.

Tennis and cycle tape I've found, and artificial material for fishing rods. But I'm looking for logo free.

I know it's out there somewhere!

jet186

That's a good suggestion Bald Eagle!

Ideally I'd like something I can just wrap round, maybe with a glue / adhesive already on.

Tennis and cycle tape I've found, and artificial material for fishing rods. But I'm looking for logo free.

I know it's out there somewhere!
I got some chamois leather binding from my local independent sports store " Hockey stick binding" no logo no adhesive did the job.

Regards

John

D

Deleted member 7654

Keep your eye out for old leather furniture. I found a nice 3 seater on a skip...It's great for grips, too thing for quivers and suchlike tho'.
Charity shops are always worth a look too.
Del

wallybubs

Not exactly traditional feal but...

Ice hockey stick tape is good, generaly non branded and loads of colours and designs.

Costs about a fiver. Only problem (dependant on perspective) is it's extremely grippy.

If you like grippy though..., It's stay's extremely grippy even when it gets wet and covered in crud.

Try goole search for Demon Extreme or crazy kennies or even fleebay..!

Alternatively try wraparound handelbar grips from your bicycle shop. Loads of different materials and colours available and most are non branded. They even do nice neoprene sleeves you may be able to squeese on.

dave_t_aber

I used an old suede coat that was kicking around the house, was just the right thickness, and the feel is nice, nicer than leather I think.

philhoney

Hi
Item no. GA20 on page 33 of the Quicks catalogue :-
Hand positioner ?3.75
Self adhesive leather pad to cushion your grip.
Hope this helps.
Phil

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
I wouldn't use double sided tape. PVA would make a good bond when stuck to the flesh side of leather, and sewing together with linin thread would mean a strong lasting grip. Leather off cuts can be obtained from various material shops, in bags for ?5. Old furnature/clothing could be a source just make sure its real leather and not fake. Fake usually stretches more. Or if nothing else head to the leather shop (The identity store) in matlock, very friendly there.