Longbow?

D

Deleted member 7654

Arrrgh...
It's like one of those damn soap operas where someone says...
I've got something really important to tell you.
An the other person says, but I've got to take this call, and then a monkey runs in and the house catches fire or some such nonsense before the first person can say that they are your long lost granny etc... etc
Blimey I should be a script writer :)
If they'd just blurted it out disaster could have been avoided.
So here we are about 4 posts in and all none the wiser about the actual question.
The suspense is killing me....
Del

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
lol, I'm going to assume it'll eventually appear in the (English) Longbow thread... ;)

and I'm afraid, your soap opera suggestion is far too realistic to appear in a real soap opera... :D

Laurie

Brilliant!!:hyper: Actually perhaps it should be French longbow, as it was made by a Frenchman!!! I'm none the wiser in respect of my enquiry though..........

D

Deleted member 7654

It rather depends what the question is...
For pities sake, just ask the damn question now you have our attention ;)
Del

Laurie

Del[/QUOTE
Pay attention Smithers!! the original question....as posted???......asked which forum pertained to matters longbow, and where was it......
ps.. thank you for your attention!!! (methinks Bimble has answered it????)

D

Deleted member 7654

Del[/QUOTE
Pay attention Smithers!! the original question....as posted???......asked which forum pertained to matters longbow, and where was it......
ps.. thank you for your attention!!! (methinks Bimble has answered it????)
So you haven't actually got a question about longbows... but you want to know where you should post the question you don't have?
(slaps furry head with paw)
Are you by any chance the guy who wrote the software for the bonkers photocopier we have at work?
It defaults to zero copies.... I don't think I've ever gone to a photocopier to get zero copies.
Del

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Brilliant!!:hyper: Actually perhaps it should be French longbow, as it was made by a Frenchman!!! I'm none the wiser in respect of my enquiry though..........
All wrong, seeing as when the vikings invaded they brought bows with them, and we had them. Romans had them too though thwy were different. Also btw if you are thinking of the NORMAN invasion in 1066 then again you are wrong they weren't French they were Normans who at the time were Vikings who had settled in Normandy they weren't French.

Its dubbed the English longbow because the English used is on mass as a weapon, thgou the welsh had it and so did the english none can make claim to it. If you are talking warbows then English might actually lay claim to that but then you have to think about weights.

Laurie

Never did I think asking such a simple question would cause such distress to so many! Lol! Del, please extract those claws from your forehead and rewrap those fluffy paws in that canvas wrap and Berny can help with the buckles........... I sought only to determine where one may find such discussion on the longbow that may educate the newcomer accordingly. Silly me. :poulies:

JohnoFon

Never did I think asking such a simple question would cause such distress to so many! Lol! Del, please extract those claws from your forehead and rewrap those fluffy paws in that canvas wrap and Berny can help with the buckles........... I sought only to determine where one may find such discussion on the longbow that may educate the newcomer accordingly. Silly me. :poulies:
Laurie, the first response (by Bimble) answered your question before the nutters took over. If you click onto the words English Longbow in his post it takes you to the right place.

Now, reverting to nutter mode....

i was taught in school (in England) that the (British) Longbow was developed in Gwent but adopted by the English army. (We have to put the national specifier now because the American Longbow is something different. Just like muffins are becoming English muffins to distinguish them from those cake-ey things you find in caf?s these days. And don't start me on 'cupcakes'.)

Yes, everyone had bows ? there's product placement to be seen in the Bayeux Tapestry [and, yes, I know it isn't a real tapestry] ? but they're not 'longbows' as we now define them.

Of course, history changes and this may now be seen as an incorrect view. After all, we didn't distinguish between longbows and war bows.

Laurie

Laurie, the first response (by Bimble) answered your question before the nutters took over. If you click onto the words English Longbow in his post it takes you to the right place.
Indeed, as I had previously acknowledged, thank you!
-and what's wrong with cupcakes??????