Looking for bit of advice

bigmo123123123

Hi guys new forum user here so please bare with me.

I just recently finished my beginners course a few weeks ago and had bought a new beginners archery kit (for around £150). I absolutely loved this kit and even had a few sessions of shooting down at the local club.

After my last session I left my kit in the boot of my car overnight (I know, I know stupidity on my part). when I checked in the morning the boot had been broken into and the stuff was gone :cry:.

I'm just wondering if I should report this to the police or not. I'm not super confident that the police will be able to find the kit as cases like this often aren't a big priority for the police and don't get resolved (I've had neighbours cars burgled in the past and they've reported it to the police but they never hear from them again). The only reason I ask is that since the equipment can be used to cause serious harm and therefore will I be liable since I didn't report it missing in time. I've searched around on the forum and the wider web for an answer to no avail.

Look forward to your responses

-Mo

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Sorry you've had this happen. Yes, definitely report it.
And give a description here - there's an area for it - and on social media so people can look out for it being sold. Might as well make it tricky for the sods.

bigmo123123123

Sorry you've had this happen. Yes, definitely report it.
And give a description here - there's an area for it - and on social media so people can look out for it being sold. Might as well make it tricky for the sods.

Hi thanks for your quick reply.

Will definitely report it. Will I be in trouble with the law since the equipment was improperly stored in an unsecured facility?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Was the vehicle locked, on your property? Then it's secure. Don't worry.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If it was locked you're ok. Still never a good idea, but not something the police would roast you over.

GoneBad

Yes you need to report it to the police to get a crime reference number. You may be able to claim it on your household insurance