Magnaloux 20x50 Scope

tel

Fonz Awardee
I've got one! I find it very good for the money - only downside is no zoom. However it covers 100 yds down quite well, and is compact enough to be used as a hand-held if you can't be bothered with the tripod (the supplied one is only table-top by the way!)

Last edited:

tel

Fonz Awardee
Sparkie said:
Tel, can tell the differance between the nocks at 100yds
To be honest it probably depends on what the difference is and, I guess, the light level - I have bright orange beiters and they can be picked out without any trouble. However I haven't had to seperate them from anything similar on the same boss or in low light.
All I can say is I think for forty quid its a good bit of kit.

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Low light levels can be a problem for the cheap spotting scopes as although the front lens is 50 or 60mm in diameter, these can be stopped down inside using baffles to effectively reduce the lens size to 40mm or less. This greatly reduces the amount of light passed through the system resulting in greatly reduced image brightness to the point that the image becomes useless.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Big Boy Blue said:
Low light levels can be a problem for the cheap spotting scopes as although the front lens is 50 or 60mm in diameter, these can be stopped down inside using baffles to effectively reduce the lens size to 40mm or less. This greatly reduces the amount of light passed through the system resulting in greatly reduced image brightness to the point that the image becomes useless.
...and if the light level is that low what are you doing shooting 'pointy' projectiles at a distance you cannot see?

tel

Fonz Awardee
Big Boy Blue said:
I love a challenge
The challenge as I see it (not optically enhanced) is to hit a target at distance in varying conditions....If you need confirmation of each shot other than the 'thunk' (apologies to the man himself) then fair enough....to each his/her own ;)

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
tel said:
To be honest it probably depends on what the difference is and, I guess, the light level - I have bright orange beiters and they can be picked out without any trouble. However I haven't had to seperate them from anything similar on the same boss or in low light.
All I can say is I think for forty quid its a good bit of kit.
Hehe, no amount of magnification or increased light levels would have separated mine and my target partners arrows today, both ACE's, white spinnies and orange Beiter nocks.

Bad enough at the target end nevermind the shooting line.

Mick

tel

Fonz Awardee
morphymick said:
Hehe, no amount of magnification or increased light levels would have separated mine and my target partners arrows today, both ACE's, white spinnies and orange Beiter nocks.

Bad enough at the target end nevermind the shooting line.

Mick
I can imagine - I bought my first 'proper' arrows ( ACCs ) from a fellow club member, who then bought his replacements in the same colour scheme. Even though the vanes and the arrows were physically a different size, it still caused problems if we shared a boss.

tel

simon m

Ironman
I have exactely that scope used it last week at fifty yards and it was excellent have yet to use it for longer distances.

I used it tuesday evening in dusk conditions and managed to "walk" the girlfriends arrows into the middle and adjust my own to get a five gold end with the six being a red near line cutter due to caq handed release aid antics from me............

Good scope for the money I think

Nick Forster

Ironman
Cheap Scope ?34 From KG

Hi Like most cheap things these are a generic scope which can go by several different names. I bought one for my son and have used it myself the magnification is good enougth for 70m just, I have used it at 100yrds but this is stretching its ability. Value for money opticaly it is hard to fault, But the tripod is CRAP so spending anougther ?20 on a better tripod is advised.
I do recomend this scope if money is tight or you are only shooting up to a maximun of 80yrds. It is great for youngsters shooting bristol111's ect
Have fun
Nick

Sparkie

When the priced droped down to £25 i bit the bullet and got one.

Tried it out last night and can make out my nocks at 90m. Ok there are BRIGHT orange Beiters but at least i can see them.

All in all a very good scope for the money

simon m

Ironman
Used mine at 80yrds yesterday no problem with arrow identification.

Tried 100yrds and that was fine till the light started to fail.....

sambow

I picked up one of these for ?25 on ebay. They are fine and exceptional value. Can see all my arrows clearly enough at 80 yds (they are usually far enough apart to pick out easily!). Given a choice of where to apportion my money I wouldn't spend a fortune in this department.

eileen

i have one of these scopes there small compact and do the job without costing a fortune, in fact i set mine up and every one else uses it, so it serves a purpose