Marking Arrows

jerryRTD

I bought 11 x10's not long ago and I was faced with the problem of how to mark them ? I bought and arrow marking pen and tried it out on an old ACE I had spare. With the combination of my eye sight and the small diameter of the arrows made getting a readable result almost impossible. Then it hit me I have never seen any thing that that specifies what character set the markings must be in. So I needed a character set that was long and thin so why not Morse Code? My initials are GT and that translates to --. - . Anyone know if I should not mark my arrows this way??

LAC Mark

When shooting in a comp they like your arrows to be named so if you loose one it can be returned when found, I have name and club on mine.

ThomVis

So I needed a character set that was long and thin so why not Morse Code? My initials are GT and that translates to --. - . Anyone know if I should not mark my arrows this way??
A blind man should be able to read your initials for your markings to be legal morse code, so your arrow marking pen will not do. You'll have to cut notches in the arrow, cause I don't think anything you stick/glue on will stand the test of time and usage.

</Sacrasm>

I have my full name, federation-number and phone-number om my Named Mini Wraps.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
All arrows of every archer shall be marked with the archer‘s name or initials on the shaft.
As it doesn't specify by which alphabet I guess there's no real reason why you can't. Especially if you're willing to argue your case at the equipment inspection... of course, if you do a lose an arrow and it's found at a later date, they might not realise it was yours...

AndyW

I bought 11 x10's not long ago and I was faced with the problem of how to mark them ? I bought and arrow marking pen and tried it out on an old ACE I had spare. With the combination of my eye sight and the small diameter of the arrows made getting a readable result almost impossible. Then it hit me I have never seen any thing that that specifies what character set the markings must be in. So I needed a character set that was long and thin so why not Morse Code? My initials are GT and that translates to --. - . Anyone know if I should not mark my arrows this way??
I get the name stickers made up by Arrowsocks, are you not allowed to use them? They're quite small or am i missing something. White lettering on a clear background is very nice on a black shaft.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I think he just wants something different... in the way I often number my arrows with Roman numerals, instead of Arabic numerals...

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
My 2p...

I did try those 'MAC' stick-on initials & numbers over the summer, but they don't quite stay stuck enough for me.

I bought an arrow pen a few months ago & marked both sets 'Lion n' (Where n is the arrow number, 1-8) - which wasn't too bad on the X-Busters but a total pain on the A/C/E's.

This was found to be perfectly acceptable by the DNAA scrutineers at the Killingworth Open on Sunday (UKRS event).