marksman TS4

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Are we talking the wooden one piece from the 70s? Because that just used ordinary stick on rests, so far as I know...

epco45

Yes 70's bow with circular disc that has knurled nut on opposite side of riser, should it have something attached to the disc?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Sounds like it's a barebow riser, with an adjustable plate for the centreshot, and should be shot off the shelf. A photo would definitely help!

Berny

should look like this Marksman-TS4-DennArcher-DSCN6204-arrow_pass.jpg
although plastic may have broken off or whole rest with leather plate come off.
I dunno if you can still get round rests like this, but you should be able to cut other shapes down ;-)
(or not worry about shape)
like this TS4-8-(5)-arrow_rest.jpg

Reactions: Tom

FernbankArcher

AIUK Saviour
That bow is the second version of Marksman's answer to the original Hoyt Gold Medalist (the wood riser one) around 1965 I recall. First version was too close a copy the Hoyt and, as I understood, Earl Hoyt objected and M'n altered their design to differentiate their product. This bow seemed favoured by folks using shorter arrows, the Hoyt by the lanky ones. Definitely NOT a barebow riser, just the early development of the twin rod stabiliser set-up. The adjustable pressure plate was a new gimmick then, pre Berger's button.

AJBrady

I bought my first bow back in 1968, when the top of the line Marksman was the Forest Knight. I bought a TS4 in 1970 and it was a lovely sweet shooting bow with the most comfortable grip of any bow I’ve had since. No adjustable arrow plate on mine, but we all managed well enough without.

I bought my first bow back in 1968, when the top of the line Marksman was the Forest Knight. I bought a TS4 in 1970 and it was a lovely sweet shooting bow with the most comfortable grip of any bow I’ve had since. No adjustable arrow plate on mine, but we all managed well enough without.
I had the exact opposite experience with the Olympic TS4. I had a Royal Scot Golden Claymore and stupidly sold it and bought the TS4 and never shot anywhere near as good with it, it always felt soft without any oomph.