Masters

Masters, what does this actually mean in terms of what you shoot! I would be in the masters group of 50-59, so does this mean in a FITA 1440 WRS I would shoot the full round as well as a sub competition between any other archers in the 50-59 group.
So having delusions of grandeur I shot the full 1440 round and had a score that put me 3rd in the seniors and 1st in the masters I would pick up two medals or would I have to shoot a different round ie Metric I against other 50-59 master archers.
Taking athletics for an example, I think if you run a half marathon as a vet but came in 3rd over all you would get two medals and obversely take part in the same main event at the same time.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
No. Some competitions run a separate Masters category - you shoot a shorter distance so you'd only be eligible for one medal. Most don't, so you'd still compete with the youngsters and have no differentiation.

Whitehart

To clarify TT men's Masters 50-59 1440 is shot at 70/60/50/30m and a WA70 is shot at 60m

Ironically if you look along most competition lines (shooting full distances) most archers qualify in terms of age as masters :)