[American Flatbow] Mid-top end flatbows

ChakaZulu

Because I've been a good boy and got a new better paid job my wife is letting me indulge myself in a new flatbow (that and the fact that I let her buy a Grozer Scythian).

I'm looking at somewhere up to ?350. Preferably less but she might be persuaded.

I'm thinking Blackbrook or Border at the moment, because that's what I've heard of. I'd like to be able to shoot it NFAS flatbow.

Any suggestions for which Border/Blackbrook or any others to look at?

D

Deleted member 7654

Out of curiosity what length, draw, and poundage would you be looking for?
Del

dusty

Blackbrook Flat bows are one of the best flat bows there are I own A ZETA.
Andy Soars is A fist class bow maker the only problem you may have is price it may be more than you want to spend. If it was me I would save the extra and have one made.
I have my second Blackbrook bow on order should be here in March I ordered it in December

BorderBows

Simple facts when choosing a flatbow.
1) Clear glass is more expensive than black glass, carbon is even more so.
Tappered cores are better than parrallel if used properly, but more expansive to make
2) Long limbs give smoother draw, so not all risers are the same length.
3) Long limbs can be heiver so more handshock and less speed if not tapered.
4) Competition legal?
5) wide limbs can be shorter in length. but again more mass and wind resistance = slow and a bit of hand shock

So try and draw up a wee table of whats what, and what you rate as an archer. some people like skinny limbs some wide limbs, some like that hill D shape, some like a more radical look to what is a tradtional bow.
What do you want and find out who provides it...
then you can get into efficency with DFC and speeds...

ChakaZulu

Having said that I was looking at 40-50lbs, I've come across a Border Griffon at 37lbs. I'm guessing it's going to have more cast than a 40lb Viper Deluxe?

ChakaZulu

I'm aware that the Border is better - it would be quite odd if it weren't. But would a 37lb Griffon have better cast than a 40lb Viper? Not a question of better, just faster.

heavybows

Yes the border bow will be faster. OL adcock bow of 50# will out shoot a 65# hill bow due to performance. Marlon