Missing High and Left

Frank Lawler

Every third arrow is about 8" out, up by 10:30, all by itself. Occasionally one is down by 4:30, making for a diagonal line through the target. Does this imply a consistent form error? Any ideas appreciated. This is barebow, RH, from 18m. Thanks.

padlin

Every third arrow is about 8" out, up by 10:30, all by itself. Occasionally one is down by 4:30, making for a diagonal line through the target. Does this imply a consistent form error? Any ideas appreciated. This is barebow, RH, from 18m. Thanks.

If you have numbered your arrows and shooting them numerically then there is a possibility that the spine of that arrow is different and a little too rigid assuming you are right handed. Otherwise welcome to the club!! :poulies:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
High and left could be the draw hand moving away from the face contact, down and right, just before the release.
Low left can be the bow arm, which can often drop low right just at the point of release.

D

Deleted member 7654

Simple, shoot the third arrow first!
My usual prob if I shoot left is throwing my bow arm away left as if trying to see where the arrow is going. It's just tiredness/sloppiness/idiocy.
Del

Dr. B

Same as OP at the moment!
Maybe not every 3rd but every now and then, and for no reason I can fathom.
Was shooting a Portsmouth pretty well then 5th end, bang X43 two at 10 o'clock.
Next end two more at 10 o'clock then returned to normal.
If only I could figure out why.
And stop doing it of course!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
High and left can be caused by the draw hand moving down and right. This can sometimes happen if the draw elbow is following a downward path at the end of the expansion stage. Sometimes, that final drawing brings the string hard against the front of the jaw and in turn can open the jaw, even if the lips stay together.

Frank Lawler

I anchor higher up, middle finger to corner of my mouth, but I do get a low and right draw hand upon release sometimes. Also, regarding bow torque, I wonder if it may have to do with bow arm elbow rotation. I can rotate the elbow crease to 90 deg by twisting my wrist joint, but this sometimes results in tension and a sense of misalignment at my bow hand. Without tension I have a natural elbow crease rotation of 60 deg, and the bow had tends to feel both more aligned, solid, and more relaxed at the wrist. Plan to spend some time with this.