MMA? ... Mixed Martial Archery!

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
So, working on my back strength I started a few weeks ago on a strengthening exercise that has more in common with hunting compounder requirements than recurve but hey, I'll give it a go and see what happens.
at present I draw 39lbs on the fingers. My exercise using a cable machine has been a draw and hold for 6-10 seconds of 60.5lbs - 3 minutes rest between reps - 6 reps. I have been barely able to get it moving but can hold it fine. Today thought the draw section seemed a little easier and the exercise stipulates the MAXIMUM weight you can "draw". So I upped the weight to 66lbs for just 1 rep to see what happens. amazingly I drew the 66lbs with no more difficulty than the 60.5lbs.
thats definitely an improvement in just a couple of weeks. perhaps those 'got stuck on the clicker' moments will soon be a thing of the past.

(have now recently been asked twice other gym regulars what is my sport as they didnt understand what the exercises I was doing were for. one thought I was an MMA fighter 😲😂 and the other was just confused.)

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
todays amusement in the gym was almost being pulled off my feet when letting the 60+lbs on the pulley down ... I dont have a low centre of gravity (no archers stabilization system around the midriff) so letting down heavy weights like this is a little unstable but this time it definitely was not helped by the floor seeming a little slippy. (it had been washed overnight and felt slicker than usual)
One of the staff stopped by for a chat to see what I was doing and left placated I was fine. They did tell me they frequently pick up gym goers off the floor when their enthusiasm for exercise exceeds their preparedness, technique or physical structure. Best story was a gentleman who attempted to lift far too much weight in a clean and jerk and literally flipped himself over the barbell.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
the confusion continues ... today was asked was I training for boxing. Admittedly bloke instantly got the archery connection with the previous exercises. Thinking of taking sign saying "Archer in Training .... please ask about archery at your own risk" to the gym.
its not like I'm loquatious or long winded about arching! ;)