Mud Mud Glorious Mud

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Sunday was the last Pentangle where the 3 scottish areas should have faced off against 2 northern english ones. seems the english ones didnt want to play any more and didnt come.

Fair enough, things change. We may see a celtic challenge in the future if the welsh and the irish fancy it ... thats for the areas to figure out.
What doesnt change is the scottish weather. We had rain for a week. Relentless rain that makes you long for indoors and you spend a lot of time drying kit.

At the pentangle we had mud that was ankle deep on the shooting line. The bosses were sinking into the mud, I proposed the purchase of some rubber ducks for the lake sized puddles and everyone was slowly turning brown.
Its at times like this that being senior field party (I have done a lot of these) lets you leave the muddy damp jobs to the newbies and you can get on with "important" club jobs (read clean dry jobs) like rebanding bosses, fixing bows and fletching club arrows.

Having a large field party has been good recently ... I still have to be a physical presence packing the containers (8 extra frames proved a challenge this year re space), but at least I can just direct the rest of the day. Getting older (but not wiser) might suck but at least it comes with a managerial role.