My first Frostbite

fluffchucker

Well the 1st Frostbite Shoot went well, with over 20 archers taking the field.
The majority were from the darkside, shooting all sorts of compounds, one looking like a stretched pretzel.

Not being sure what the weather was going to throw at us, I dressed accordingly.
The morning however turned out to be such a mild day for November, the hat & fleece had to come off.
I'm sure that this will change over the next 3 months, or they'll have to change the name.

One problem was clear to all that were shooting, the sun.
Our club field is on a North South alignment, with the butts at the Southern end of the field.
As the sun was over the butts, all of us had problems. The compounder's had problems with flare in their sights.
I had a similar problem wearing glasses but not just with flare. As I heated up, my glasses steamed up & then started to slide down my nose.
I have found that if I don't have my glasses pushed right up on the bridge, I get a target through the lens & a half target in the gap between the 2 lenses [I did try using insulation tape over the wire bridge at one time].

Not having shot at 30 metres, I wasn't sure about the sight marks.
Taking advice from two of the compound archers, they suggested moving my sight down by approximately 25 mm on the same notch as my 20 yd mark
Eventually I finished by moving the sight down to 30 mm, giving me a score of 207, with 3 golds & 4 misses, averaging 5.75/arrow.