my life ish

not dead yet

Ironman
born 1960, out of hospital down to archery club.
done beginners course with ellis shepperd in 1968. shot until 1973, as north wales junior champion. packed in due to severe case of target panic.... mum passed away 1990, wife said go to archery club keep your dad company, dad was by then shooting compound. mr pendrey gave me his bow here he said see what you can do with that. by the second end at 60 yds it was bloody hell you havn't forgot have you. bought olympic dream off a club member 6 weeks later and shooting westerns was asked if i would make the numbers up for county team, not having any FITA sight marks ,i got then on the wednesday, shot on the sunday, first fita 981. and three targats blew off the stands. 1996 done coaching course. by now shooting for wales, been north wales champ for 9yrs rec.
welsh team 8 yrs. bought a compound in 2007 for vegas had it 5 weeks first vegas round was 282. due to weather last year decided to shoot a couple of fitas, horendous wind first was 1184 second was 1204. thought this is fun i'll shoot the compound at warrington next week 1272. hoping to make welsh compound team for Euronations, see how this weekend goes. i may have to chuck some recurve scores in. 2006 failed county coach exam through no fault of my own. but we wont go there due to issues regarding coaching from last year and numerous things that have cropped up this year, already. i feel that i need to relinquish my coaching status

G

Now that's a record of real abilty.
Coach's that can shoot that well are very thin on the ground. (maybe all coaches should have to put one of these up?)

It's very impressed that you can shoot both compound and recurve to that high a standard and still find time to coach. (I'm actually impressed that can shoot that well in with both even without the coaching bit :))

If only more could lead by example like you

All the best and thanks for sharing this info

not dead yet

Ironman
thanks john....

just to add running n.w indoor champs a few years back. friend and international compound archer./ longbow british records holder. said...."you can't win your doin all the scoring and organising. give me a fighting chance and i'll shoot my recurve." 2 mins b4 we started i was removing my fletchings to shoot bare shafts

he wasn't amused highest overall score 572 with 59 hits and bareshafts. now that was an impressive day, beaming for a week

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
and all that with a dodgy loose... (but he repeats said dodgy loose every time.. and doesn't pass it on to others!!) ;)

G

You've got to write a book! Or at least put together tales a few of your archery exploits