Compound Bow Mybo Edge

Hi Ben, well done for coming on here and congratulations on a great bit of kit.
Only question I have is how can I make my boss finally give his workers a pay rise. So I can afford an Edge.
Only joking I don't believe in miracles.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Merlin Archery

Ironman
Only question I have is how can I make my boss finally give his workers a pay rise. So I can afford an Edge.

Thanks, I'm really proud of this bow. If your boss is an archer maybe we can bribe him?

Merlin Archery

Ironman

Thanks, I'm really proud of this bow. If your boss is an archer maybe we can bribe him?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Ben, I still have my Target Master 2... my first compound bow... can I still get cams for it?
Seriously... nice to see you back on the forum again. I wish you success with your latest bow.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Ben, I still have my Target Master 2... my first compound bow... can I still get cams for it?
Seriously... nice to see you back on the forum again. I wish you success with your latest bow.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I think I bought it in 1991.
It has Max 2000 limbs and cams now; but I still have the original wheels that used steel cables. I modified those so I could make the bow all fastflight. Light in the hand and a gentle draw force curve; it was a great way to start compound after being forced out of recurve with finger damage.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I think I bought it in 1991.
It has Max 2000 limbs and cams now; but I still have the original wheels that used steel cables. I modified those so I could make the bow all fastflight. Light in the hand and a gentle draw force curve; it was a great way to start compound after being forced out of recurve with finger damage.

Ozzy

Thought I'd rev up this thread on the Mybo Edge again .
Had mine for about 4 months now & loving it.
Previously shot an Mybo Origin, but these are rather different in a few respects.

Anyone else ?

Dicky_Cook

Hi all, thought I'd revive the thread once again.

Ben set us up a few weeks ago with the Edge (an amazing piece of engineering!)

The team at Merlin took me completely under their wing for several hours and built me a bow onsite, there and then (thanks for the factory tour Ben).

I added some great accessories to the bow including a complete set of Bowfinger Mod King stabilisers. I truly love this new found sport and am lucky enough to shoot most evenings on the farm.

Thanks guys;)

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
"New found sport" and you've bought a ?1200 Edge?!

YIKES! I thought my spending was a bit OTT!

Good luck with it all!

Mav617

Old thread I know, but with the new Revolution coming out, the Edge is now cheaper (having repaid some of the return on investment natch) and now looks a bargain at £895, am tempted but my Xpression still shoots better than I can........

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Old thread I know, but with the new Revolution coming out, the Edge is now cheaper (having repaid some of the return on investment natch) and now looks a bargain at £895, am tempted but my Xpression still shoots better than I can........
If it makes you feel better, almost every bow will shoot better than 99% of all archers... ;) so the question really should be how badly you want to shoot it!

Mav617

If it makes you feel better, almost every bow will shoot better than 99% of all archers... ;) so the question really should be how badly you want to shoot it!
Well, I can't justify it yet, and still like the Xpression - if the Edge were lighter I'd make a case for it on the plastic but think I'll hang on til next year. At least there is an alternative once my Xpression loses it's "edge", ha ha.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
I just couldn’t see why the Edge was 50% more than my Origin. Heavier, no faster. I’m sure there’s more to it than that but I never saw a plausible explanation. Has the Revolution moved things on at all?!

Mav617

Well its made the Origin even cheaper, at £595 - great price for a well rated bow, but shorter ATA not attractive to me as I shoot fingers. Edge seems like its in the sweet spot price wise, Revolution is now the £1200 bow, in 37" or 40".

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Well its made the Origin even cheaper, at £595 - great price for a well rated bow, but shorter ATA not attractive to me as I shoot fingers. Edge seems like its in the sweet spot price wise, Revolution is now the £1200 bow, in 37" or 40".
I had a look and they also do a 34 which has the highest arrow speed rating. The cams are quite different but it’s honestly hard to see where else the extra outlet goes. I bought my Origin at full price for £795 then the Edge came out and it dropped sharply but I still think that was decent VFM. It’s hard to see where the extra 50% goes. And it’s clear that it you buy a Revolution for £1200, it’ll be £800 (or less) soon afterwards. I guess that’s how it works if you need the latest and “greatest.”