Mybo Revolution 40inch off Fingers

RMH

Hi, was just wondering if anyone may have an idea what may be going on with my setup? My bow currently has a peak draw weight of 58lb and draw length is set to 28.5inch. Cam timing has been checked and is spot on as is the tiller and centre shot etc. I have an AAE flipper rest and Decut button, this has been tried at centre shot and just left of centre, the bow is right handed. The issue I am experiencing is bare shaft arrows showing weak but fletched arrows constantly landing left suggesting to stiff? I have tried 500's, 400's and yesterday 300's and still the same outcome? The best of the bunch are the 400's cut to 29inch with 70g up front and 4inch feathers but BS shows slightly weak at 10-30M. Any ideas or suggestions anyone please? Thanks

jerryRTD

Stop taking note of fletched shaft. Only the bare shaft can give a weak or stiff indication. Shoot off a few fletched arrows at 20 yds to 'shoot your self in' and get sighted in ( you can go longer later on if required) once you are happy that you are hitting the center of the target and getting a good group you can start.
Shoot two bare shafts and two fletched arrows all from the same set, I would start with the 400s. If you are doing it right then the two fletched arrows should be in the middle. and the two bare shafts will either indicate stiff (left impact), or weak (right impact) or grouped with the fletched arrows.. I assume asyou have not mentioned if the bare shaft height is wrong that all is well. If the bare shaft is still showing a little weak then back out the limb bolts half a turn and see what that does.
Down load and read the Easton archery tuning guide .when you have finished the bare shaft tune any errors that are left must be caused by the centre shot ,do a walk back tune and adjust as required.

RMH

Stop taking note of fletched shaft. Only the bare shaft can give a weak or stiff indication. Shoot off a few fletched arrows at 20 yds to 'shoot your self in' and get sighted in ( you can go longer later on if required) once you are happy that you are hitting the center of the target and getting a good group you can start.
Shoot two bare shafts and two fletched arrows all from the same set, I would start with the 400s. If you are doing it right then the two fletched arrows should be in the middle. and the two bare shafts will either indicate stiff (left impact), or weak (right impact) or grouped with the fletched arrows.. I assume asyou have not mentioned if the bare shaft height is wrong that all is well. If the bare shaft is still showing a little weak then back out the limb bolts half a turn and see what that does.
Down load and read the Easton archery tuning guide .when you have finished the bare shaft tune any errors that are left must be caused by the centre shot ,do a walk back tune and adjust as required.
Thanks for the reply.
I maybe should have said the fletched arrows always appear to group to the left of the spot I am aiming for. I shoot instinctive so to speak and always look at where I am aiming for, never the shaft or point of the arrow. The bare shafts pretty much group where I aim for but are always nock left although correct height in relation to the fletched and nock height spot on. If I set my shot with fletched as normal but then consciously "aim" a little right the arrow lands on target? After some weeks of trying to resolve this I booked a couple of hours at Merlin this week to have the bow checked over being second hand, it was given a clean bill of health. We then sent some arrows down the indoor range, both myself and a member of their team (ex finger shooter) took turns shooting but still the same issue present. As previously commented we tried 500's down to 300's cut to 29inch with 100g points and still showing weak etc? They were not really sure why so thought I would ask on here.
I thought I might try a Cavalier Free Flyte rest I have and take the pressure button out of the mix just in case and start over bare shaft testing.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Don't forget any form issues you have as a single string archer will be magnified as an off the fingers compound shooter. I'd suggest you get your form checked, as it seems like you've been through all the obvious kit issues. A coach might spot something minor but obvious that you can easily fix.

Reactions: RMH

jerryRTD

What you have to remember is that you have a cable guide which generates a torque when the bow is drawn so the dynamic centre shot is not in the same place as it would be on a recurve. Unless that is you are shooting a 'shoot through' cable system . Or you are using a lever cam compound like the Oneida Pro Eagle which I used for 6 years shooting limited compound.
What you need to do is to alter the draw weight of the bow to bring the point of impact of the bare shafts to the point of impact of the fletched shafts and then do a walk back.

Reactions: RMH

RMH

Don't forget any form issues you have as a single string archer will be magnified as an off the fingers compound shooter. I'd suggest you get your form checked, as it seems like you've been through all the obvious kit issues. A coach might spot something minor but obvious that you can easily fix.
I did consider this as the primary cause of the issue, spent a little time at Merlin with one of their staff shooters who said my form was not to bad at all with only a slight tendency to torque the string every now and then. I am working on this as suggested

RMH

What you have to remember is that you have a cable guide which generates a torque when the bow is drawn so the dynamic centre shot is not in the same place as it would be on a recurve. Unless that is you are shooting a 'shoot through' cable system . Or you are using a lever cam compound like the Oneida Pro Eagle which I used for 6 years shooting limited compound.
What you need to do is to alter the draw weight of the bow to bring the point of impact of the bare shafts to the point of impact of the fletched shafts and then do a walk back.

RMH

Thanks, I will definitely try this over the weekend maybe a quarter turn each time and see where I end up.

RMH

Just a quick update. I removed the Decut button and fitted the Cavalier Free Flyte rest micro. After tuning the centre shot to marginally outside centre the bare shafts are now grouping with the fletched in the centre of the target. Although very slightly weak I am happy with this as the addition of fletchings should sort that. It also feels more solid during the shot with the Cavalier rest. Thanks to all for the assistance.