mybo synergy carbon plus

bolerus

has anybody tried the synergy carbon plus?

or more specifically does any body have any comparrisons, chrono or even based on sight marks

I have heard that they are lovely and smooth, but I am wondering if i am going to lose sight marks.

I am thinking of buying some 38lb, against the current 36ln inno ex power ( that i have on loan, but need to return)

I was looking at uukha ex1 ( for ?308) but read that whilst they are very very smooth, they are not as fast as win win, so would lose some sight marks at distance (which i dont really want )

I can’t personally say I have shot them , but shot an efaa 28 target course with a friend yesterday who has recently bought a pair of said limbs . He’s got 32/33lbs otf and had absolutely no problem hitting 80yards

bolerus

To be fair,. That doesn't really help. Different people can hit distance at different poundage,. And sight marks.

I was hoping for a comparison.

What did he shoot before,. How do they compare in terms of sight marks

Will 38lb synergy carbon plus be as fast as current 36lb win win ex power. Or would I need to go to 40 to match them.

And also how do they feel again in comparison. The bumf in the sales says they are smooth,. But would any manufacturer state "they stack like a mofo, once you get past 25inch draw"

I’m probably still going to be of no help but he was shooting with sf premium, same poundage and would shake like a shi#### dog at full draw . He does shoot barebow and had to aim stupidly high above the target something like hand held out in front of target 4 fingers above gold to pick a spot for point on with a Mediterranean loose ( this is at 80 y )this has reduced to 1 finger above . Speed you’ll only know if you can compare like for like draw weights through a chronograph. Personally having shot ex power and wiawis one , I’m now shooting mk Mach x the win win limbs are hard at the backend of the draw loading up more the deeper you get into the shot at my 30 1/4 draw ( long limbs) by comparison the mk’s are very linear and don’t punish an iffy release anywhere near as much . Problem with limbs is it’s very subjective, best advice I can give is if at all possible get yourself up to Merlin with your borrowed limbs I try the synergy limbs side by side .

bolerus

yeah going up to merlin is the next thought, (im only in stoke so not That far away) shame they dont sell uukhas :(

I do struggle to get through the clicker sometimes, but strangely if i dont use the clicker my draw lengthens slightly(about quarter of an inch) i tried to move the clicker back to the point i draw with out it and couldnt get through at all .. stupid 80% mental game lol

I have a set of 40lb inno power ( the old ones before the EX ) but after a shoulder injury last year, 40 is just out of reach at teh moment ( I went all the way back down to 28lb but now back at 36) hence the idea of gettgin some 38s and if i can get soem 38s or even 36s im happy with, i coudl do away with the 40s all together

not sure if merlin will let me play with a chrono, worth an ask though.

cheers Chris, appreciated

Give them a call first , and you’ll have a good chance of testing through a crony if they are expecting you . Uukas are very riser dependent spent 4/5 hrs at Perris this time last year with a good friend who shoots a Hoyt epic riser and let’s just say uukas are not compatible with that riser

turtle

Another option might be to get a sense of arrow spine they?d need by taking some bare shafts from the arrows you?ve been using on the powers. That is likely to tell you something seeing as the powers you?ve used and SCP limbs are foam Carbon and known to be punchy limbs. I have the Mk1 Synergy Carbon in 40lb long and they?re superb and plenty quick. They also require a stiffer spine than, for example, my Fivics Vellator limbs - more so than the poundage difference would suggest. The Mybo are the more aggressive limbs and IMO amazing value. The plus versions are almost certainly better. I?m considering a lighter pair for another bow of mine with 23? wooden riser.

adrianms

The Mybo carbons are similar to the SF elite limbs (I've owned the later & shot the former) good limbs but they both stack a bit pulling up to full draw; but not as fast as the innos) Innos are a good limb they still stack a little & are a little faster than the above pair (again I had the SF ulitimates the equivalent of the innos)
Now have the new W&W wiawis ns limbs. I've dropped 2lbs on the limbs getting higher sight marks & they are velvet smooth. Still using same arrows btw.
70" bow 34lb limbs 301/2 draw.
My point being in all of this. I think you'll find the limbs you are looking to purchase won't be as good as your current (borrowed) limbs.

Rog600

Have just chronoed a pair of 32# long SCP limbs at 202fps. 326gn ACE. 38.5# otf @ 32.5" draw. 72" bow. 18 strand FF, majesty serving.

Previous incarnation of this limb was good (in my opinion) but not as stiff in a qualitative limb tip twisting test (QLTTT) as SCP

Much improved sight mark with SCP over the same poundage SC limb. (Haven't yet chronoed older limb but I will for completeness).

Bareshafts were stiff by approx 6" at 30yds with SC and are now weak by approx 6" at 30yds with SCP.

Totally different limb; SCP is 40g lighter per limb (less glass more fabric carbon perhaps?). Needed to make a new string as BH was much higher with the SCP so limbs different length from SC. Limp tip different shape too although I don't know if this will have any performance implication.

First impressions? For the money, I'd say, whilst it's early days with them (working back up to my full draw weight) they seem to represent great value for money in terms of sight mark improvememt per pound spent and in my case sight mark improvement per pound draw weight removed from ageing shoulders...

Whilst I realise we're all different and there are plenty of variables in play which makes direct comparisons difficult, I hope this somewhat qualitative report and brief chrono session will be of use to someone.

I'd recommend going and trying some.

Rog600

Been playing with limbs and chronograph etc.

I have made adjustments to limb bolts since last post (adjusted 'in') so I've chronoed both limbs again.

SC 32# marked, 39# otf (27" riser, 32.5" draw through clicker) 208fps

SCP 32# marked, 40# otf (27" riser, 32.5" draw through clicker) 212fps

So make your own mind up what that tells you. I measured it with a draw-the-bow, spring-type gauge not the digital luggage scales and I measured a few times each to get each figure.

Maybe the extra 4fps is expected with 1# draw weight?

And just for funses, while I had the chrono set up;

KG NX55 36# marked, 45# otf, 220fps

has anybody tried the synergy carbon plus?

or more specifically does any body have any comparrisons, chrono or even based on sight marks

I have heard that they are lovely and smooth, but I am wondering if i am going to lose sight marks.

I am thinking of buying some 38lb, against the current 36ln inno ex power ( that i have on loan, but need to return)

I was looking at uukha ex1 ( for ?308) but read that whilst they are very very smooth, they are not as fast as win win, so would lose some sight marks at distance (which i dont really want )
That's wat I'm using with kinetic halo riser they seem fast and good to me flex well but don't no wat u mean by sight marks.