new 27" formula prodigy and medium uukha VX1000 xcurve review

My review (pics later when I get chance)

just collected my 42# UUKHA vx1000 x curves this morning from The Archery Shop - and fitted em to my new prodigy 27"

tiller left as is - bracing height set to 8" - 18 strand 8125 string needed a few extra twists

checked alignment/geometry centreshot etc etc - nothing needed adjustment

went outside and shot 3 doz ACEs at 20 yards.....

my review......

they work!
:laughing:

thanks for reading

Al

limb bolts set to minimum weight (measured on my rubbish bow scale as around 42lb on my fingers) - its enough for winter.....

drawing 29 inches inside of nock to button centre - tiller at 3MM -

indoor ACEs - 570s at 29.5 inches inside of nock to inside of insert (end of shaft) - inserts were old heavy ones you cant buy anymore - heavy points too - probably around 150 gr point and insert - these showed a little whippy - changing to lighter inserts as I type

outdoor aces - 520s - modern medium inserts and 59gr points - 30.25 inches from inside nock to end of shaft - these showed spot on (so far)

well .... you did ask!

does that help?

al

sithspit

I did ask your right :eek:
I have a similar setup but with the HX10's, but finding it hard to tune as I keep getting clearance issues hitting the button at the back of the arrow and ripping fletchings off. I have tried ACC 3-28(500) too stiff with 130gr, 3-18(560) 100gr too stiff and VAP 600 110gr again these act the same as the ACC 3-18. These are all cut to 30" and I was pulling 42lb OTF.
I can get the VAP 600 and ACC 3-18 to bare shaft group at 18m but fletching are taking a beating (they are striking the button) I have tried to turn them and if my release is a little off they get ripped, spin wing tape is getting worn away between the two fletching closet the riser when not tearing them and bare shaft with lipstick shows i am getting a double tap on the button where the fletchings live.
So I increased the weight to 44lb to see what would happen and using the same button setup the bare shafts went left with the increase in poundage (right handed) so still showing stiff spine.I had to decrease button by 1/4 turn and I think it has moved the impact with the button further down the shaft towards the back of the arrow but still taking fletchings off.
Just got some VAP 700 to try and see if I can get any spine to act weak!

Hi S - sorry to hear of your woes - we have all been there and its not pleasant....

I know you will have tried everything already, so please forgive.......... just in case....... have you tried all the basic stuff like limb alignment, centre-shot, different tillers and different brace heights etc - lighter strings

checked all the alignments on the bow? - does the long-rod tally with centreshot (I know long rods may be slightly off but its worth checking) - place an arrow on the sight window surface itself - is that parallel to long rod? if it is then the long rod makes a useful datum for true

laying two arrows accross the limbs close to the riser to check riser integrity by seeking if they are parallel -

looking along limb-tips for twist etc by string alignment

have you stood about 6 ft from a boss and got a mate to stand to one side and help you to set your bow parallel to floor at full draw then shot a bare shaft to see how it's angle as it comes out of the bow?

like i say sorry if i offend - but often clearance problems arise from things other than arrow spine and paradox (not always) - often they are more related to errors that cancel each other and remain hidden - thats why i alwyas go back to basics - even if i already checked my bow a hundred times.

final apology if I am teaching how to suck eggs

anyways - hope you suss it soon

al

sithspit

Any help is appreciated fella so no worries on upsetting me :eek:
I have had the Beiter block out and all is good with limb alignment and such, I have gone up the brace height range Uukha say and then some at the top end, no real effect on that but they are definitely quieter towards top end.
I read that Uukha say a center shot at zero is better which improved things a bit but I have played around in the past pushing the center shot out to the left but did not do much.
Not heard the the parallel to floor trick so will see if I can get someone down the club to check that out.
And as I say I have the 700's to check out now as well.