New gb coach for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

not dead yet

Ironman
I would like to nominate richard preistman as a coach involved to take the team to 2012 olympics.

His years of knowledge, olympic team member, archers in gb. and ability to work WITH people.
His equipment and personal knowledge of hoyt and easton not to mention the people he knows worldwide, to further and assist with training .

I know some of you will not know him personally, but as archers you will have heard of him,

views please
pete nichols

(edit) changed to " a coach involved to take team to 2012 olympics."

but that GB coach only upsets the squad members. that is common knowledge.
I know and I will keep my personal opinions quiet for once....but the fact still remains, he's still the current GB coach.

Now if the thread was titled something like 'If Peter Suk left the head coach position...who would you have to replace him?' then I'd have to say Clive Jeacock (although he still thinks he's an archer at the moment :stirthepo )

PS. Hi Pete :)

pelican

Never heard of him, but as he's never heard of me, that's ok. Anyway there's not a job going, so not much of a discussion.

JohnK

I've been lucky enough to meet Richard, and I think he'd make an excellent GB coach or Performance Director. Not that my opinion matters a damn, but what the hell :)

dmp52nyf

GB Coach

For what it's worth I agree with Pete

I'm amazed that Pelican does not know who Richard is !!! obviously has not been in Archery long.

David P

He's got my vote

I would like to nominate richard preistman as a coach involved to take the team to 2012 olympics.

His years of knowledge, olympic team member, archers in gb. and ability to work WITH people.
His equipment and personal knowledge of hoyt and easton not to mention the people he knows worldwide, to further and assist with training .

I know some of you will not know him personally, but as archers you will have heard of him,

views please
pete nichols

(edit) changed to " a coach involved to take team to 2012 olympics."

I agree whole heartedly.
I've been getting help & advice from Richard via email & video for a few weeks now & it has been invaluable.
He has taken time to answer my questions, study videos & give me some excellent coaching advice. I haven't even met him yet!
There can't be many out there with his vast experience & subject knowledge (Not to mention a couple of Olympic medals!).
If you're not convinced, try reading his section in The Glade magazine for starters.
It would be nice to see him get the recognition he deserves.
I say, he's the man for the job.

JohnK

For what it's worth I agree with Pete

I'm amazed that Pelican does not know who Richard is !!! obviously has not been in Archery long.

David P
Dave Pritchard, as I live and breathe! How the devil are you? John K, formerly of the Bangor Uni club and Gwynedd Bowmen here. Drop me a PM sometime :)

Thread hijack over - sorry NDY :)

Mr Twinkle Bow

OMG another thread just having a go at the current Archery GB coaching team.

I haven't been on this site for ages but always the same didn't this theme come up in the Lets slag of Archery GB (sorry Beijing section).

Same old stuff but with a different title at the start.

And before you go on yes I have shot with Richard and he's a top bloke

Robin the Hood

I had the pleasure of talking to Richard earlier in the year at a County match, hoping he might be tempted eventually to pick up his bow again, (even just for the fun of it).
He has be an incredible archer for many years with the crudentials to prove it. Having gained a great respect from many for his Coaching I have yet to hear a bad word against him.
As far as the original question is concerned, the job may not be open, but if it did ever need filling then maybe Richards name should be Short-listed, if he would except the challenge..... :scratchch

Paul...
:chat:

pelican

I shoot and compete in Scotland. Richard may well be fantastic, but why should everyone in archery have heard of him? Does he expect this or is it just his fans?

Why is someone else using his name, to suggest him for a job that doesn't exist?

Continues to be a pointless discussion, yes I know I have also contributed to it again!!!!

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I shoot and compete in Scotland. Richard may well be fantastic, but why should everyone in archery have heard of him? Does he expect this or is it just his fans?

Why is someone else using his name, to suggest him for a job that doesn't exist?

Continues to be a pointless discussion, yes I know I have also contributed to it again!!!!

I don't know him either... but then I'm a bit of an ostrich - not blinded by names or stature (skill - yes)!

And.. it wouldn't be Pete if he wasn't having a moan or dig about coaching (not that I'm condoning his actions) :beer:

wanshu

If the job was available at some point in the future, I also believe that Richard Priestman should be considered. I also rank his tuition very highly, I'm sure he would bring out the best in the Elite archers. He's been there and done it himself. He fully understands the pressures and requirements to be at your best when competing at that level.

I'm of the opinion that archery politics may well get in the way of the coach being left to do what he/she is best at. The head coach should focus on coaching and that alone. If they want better medal results leave them to it.
Leave the jumping through hoops for those with an interest in doing so.

If the job did come up, one wonders if any of those mentioned in the thread would be interested applying or taking the job if offered?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
So that's twice in one thread you've proved you need to get out more :)

See you Sunday?

Exarcher

I'd have to say Clive Jeacock (although he still thinks he's an archer at the moment :stirthepo )
Hi Simon, LOL......He's been thinking that he's an archer for a very long time.

I don't know if NDY had any dealings with the Welsh Squad when Fitz was running it but a very strong bunch of archers emerged from it.... It would certainly be a different regime if Fitz were appointed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.