New GNAS Field Shoot at Fort Purbrook

English Bowman

Hi Daniel,
So, here's a quick question on the rules for the unmarked Forester round. I noticed that only max distances are set out in the GNAS rules for it. Does that mean that the target may be at ANY distance up to the stated maximum? In other words, for example, there could be a target with the largest spot face anywhere between 70y and 5y? In principle, anyway - I'm sure you wouldn't put the big one so close as 5y :poulies:
That's the way I read the rules too. But sorry, although we are putting on some short shots there'll be no full size faces at 5 yds

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
That's the way I read the rules too. But sorry, although we are putting on some short shots there'll be no full size faces at 5 yds
Damn you!!!!!!

You do realise, that under the recent ammendment to GNAS field rules, that i just didn't make up what so ever, showing any kind of skill in the longbow class is now considered cheating. Just thought you should know!!! ;)

Si2

Daniel
Do you have details of start time etc?
Can I pay you by cash on a Thursday?
Regards
Simon

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
there's no chance of this gettin rained off is there?

just checked the weather and it looks like its gonna need emergency shelters in every group!!!! lol

English Bowman

Well the targets are out, all set up, just waiting for the faces to be put on tomorrow. I just hope that it stays dry(ish) It's hammering down here at the moment, but we will be going ahead. At least some of the targets are indoors, so they'll stay dry.

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
Well the targets are out, all set up, just waiting for the faces to be put on tomorrow. I just hope that it stays dry(ish) It's hammering down here at the moment, but we will be going ahead. At least some of the targets are indoors, so they'll stay dry.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Am just gonna go put some more wax on the longbow, sod the rain, I'll be gettin a new one Dec/Jan anyway!!!! lol

See you in the mornin.

English Bowman

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Am just gonna go put some more wax on the longbow, sod the rain, I'll be gettin a new one Dec/Jan anyway!!!! lol

See you in the mornin.
Good plan, and bring a plastic bag to put over the end of your arrows, it'll help keep the feathers dry.

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
absolutley fantastic days shooting there Daniel, will definatley try and make it if its on again next year.

There was only two shots i didnt like today, which funnily enough, were supposed to be the "target archer friendly" ones out in the main arena!!! Everything else was awesome.

Faverate shot of the day: shooting from the steps, through the door onto the fox target.

Best feeling of the day: actually scoring some points on the bear target off the ramparts at the end, it felt awesome to hit that!!!!

Thanks again bud, a big pat on the back to all involved.

Darryl

Thanks go to Daniel and the other organisers and volunteers who put on a brilliant first field shoot at Fort Purbrook. Sarah and I had a great day and if you put on another one next year we'll see you there :)

Darryl

Ian, it was funny both Sarah and I felt that the flat ground targets in the parade area/ground were the worst ones to hit aswell. Not sure if it was the wind factor or the fact that it was hard to judge the distances as there were no point of references that stood out.

As you my favorite ones to shoot were the bear target. Which was kind of interesting as it was our 2nd target that we had to shoot. I think it was omg I'm so going to have a carbon over the wall into the moat or in the wall. However we managed to get all of our arrows on the boss.

Loved the shot through the archway and I think into a deer target straight after that one aswell (target 7). The fox target was cool aswell which I think was target 11. Target 13 was cool as you had the elevation down onto it.

Overall it was cool.

English Bowman

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to hear that you enjoyed it, that makes putting on a shoot worthwhile.

I do plan to do one next year, and I'll try to write a report of the shoot and put some pics and the results up on the web soon.

Well done for lasting the morning with the atrocious weather, at least the afternoon wasn't too bad.

Daniel

Darryl

Daniel both of us have been posting facebook galleries and also adding them under our private club group that way we can show members from our club what it's all about.

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
they just dont do it justice!!!! lol

Have you got the results at all? Would love to know how far off the bottom of the other longbowers i was! lol

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
wish i hadnt asked now!!!!!!!! lol Theres nothing like gettin beaten by some one that retires!