New hoyt 2015 bows.

DarkMuppet

Well it's that time of the year again, how time flies.. :)

So Merlin have apparently revealed today that nearly all the top end Hoyt risers are being discontinued ion-x, HPX, RX and most surprisingly the GMX! (if this is really true they'd better have something REALLY good lined up.)

Anyone know any more?

JohnK

Well it's that time of the year again, how time flies.. :)

So Merlin have apparently revealed today that nearly all the top end Hoyt risers are being discontinued ion-x, HPX, RX and most surprisingly the GMX! (if this is really true they'd better have something REALLY good lined up.)
Not necessarily. Easton *ahem* Hoyt will just throw marketing money at the problem if it isn't. And there's always the new line up for 2016! And 2017! Etc.

Cynical? Moi? ;)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
hmmm... and I heard elsewhere that they were dropping some target colours... and by some I mean nearly all of them.... I'm starting to think that there are some people out there having a little laugh. ;)

DarkMuppet

Hehe! :) we need sarcasm and cynicism tags...

Just been discussing it with a friend, to drop the whole range (except for the GPX) is a big gamble especially with the gmx as successful as it is, they must think they have something big.

What have you heard Whitehart? ;)

Whitehart

Hehe!

What have you heard Whitehart? ;)
Sorry you will have to wait until 15 October - unless somebody leaks it again this year on facebook. All Hoyt dealers are asked not to release anything.

It is worth contacting your favorite dealer if you want a 2014 Hoyt product as there are some good deals ATM but availability is limited as dealers and distributors run stocks down from July.

gster123

Dunno the GMX has had a good cycle. Keep the geo and change the holes a bit.

Maybe they are dropping the formula set up. But of sarcasm there.

Looking forward to seeing what comes along.

DarkMuppet

Just had a quick peep on the Japanese blog for any hint of new stuff arriving and saw this interesting titbit ..

PSE have introduced a rebranded KAYA K3 riser to their range.

JohnK

It's an old trick for PSE. Their limbs used to be made by Earl Hoyt before they got W&W on board. There are even some Border branded PSE limbs out there, which I think was the result of a tie-up arranged by SSA. Didn't last because of logistics. Shame, because the PSE chief engineer at the time (whom I met) loved Border limbs.

Anyway, back to Hoyt. I reckon they'll finally jump on the enhanced recurve bandwagon. After all, they decided that torsional rigidity was finally a thing that ought to be looked at with the Quattro.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
in no way was I sitting at my computer waiting for the announcements to come out... ;)

JohnK

No limb change then. Interesting.

Also looks like they've abandoned ILF/HDS. A huge mistake IMHO. So what if some top archers like to shoot the Hoyt GMX with W&W limbs? I remember a Hoyt/Easton seminar hosted by Wales Archery during which Don Rabska pulled up a slide showing Jang Yong-Ho in shooting a Matrix with Samick limbs, and exclaiming about how excited they all were to see him with that riser.

Anyway...

The Varitune is an interesting take on an old solution, and I look forwards to seeing how this alignment system works.

gtek

No limb change then. Interesting.

Also looks like they've abandoned ILF/HDS. A huge mistake IMHO. So what if some top archers like to shoot the Hoyt GMX with W&W limbs? I remember a Hoyt/Easton seminar hosted by Wales Archery during which Don Rabska pulled up a slide showing Jang Yong-Ho in shooting a Matrix with Samick limbs, and exclaiming about how excited they all were to see him with that riser.
Why check facts when it's so easy to press "enter"?

http://hoyt.com/target-recurves/risers/grand-prix

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I did have a quick look, but couldn't find them. Perhaps a browser caching glitch? Anyway, I'm very happy to be mistaken, as the GMX is an excellent riser. Shame you've scrapped the 27in version, but there are other options in the marketplace.
I think Hoyt are running three recurve "series", so you have the new Prodigy series, the Formula series (with the Ion X, HPX, Excel and Excel Pro) and the Grand Prix series (with GPX, GMX, Horizon, Horizon Pro and Excel)

JohnK

I think Hoyt are running three recurve "series", so you have the new Prodigy series, the Formula series (with the Ion X, HPX, Excel and Excel Pro) and the Grand Prix series (with GPX, GMX, Horizon, Horizon Pro and Excel)
It's an interesting marketing choice, and quite a departure from the old days (Elan, Avalon+, GM, for example). While it gives consumers more choice, there is an argument for not giving them too much choice from your range.

Anyway, time will tell. I do like some of the new features they've introduced, but I'd never shoot a riser with that much reflex.