Newbie questions

Nico de Jager

Hi y’all

I got an old compound bow on the net as I finally wanted to pick up a new hobby/sport.

A Hoyt Alphamax 35
I would now like to shoot with this bow.

As I saw the add I did a night of reading and thought that having read the specs I should be able to tune it to my needs so I bought it for €120.
However
The bow has a draw length of 29 and I would like to come up with 30 1/2.
The cams that are on it are cam6v2, I don't find any information about this on the internet.

Now my question is how much it would cost to tune the bow to my size. And what parts should I get? And should I, or would you rather advise just not be cheap and buy a whole new Custom bow?😭
I suspect that I need at least new modules and cables and string, but probably also new cams.

Could you provide a guideline here?

Greeting

Nico

Sent from my iPad

jerryRTD

I think you are correct new cams, modules strings and cables. The Alpha max comes standard with either XTR 2 or XTR 3 cams you would need XTR3 cams . See if you can get a quote for the work and bits to change it. I would expect the cost will be more than the bow is worth.

Corax67

Had a quick look for replacement cam sets and other than a $59.95 set on US eBay they appear to be discontinued so sourcing a set might be tricky.

A different bow might be a better option than trying to adapt the AlphaMax.

Karl

SighKey

Have you considered maybe starting off with just a basic recurve to get you started into the sport? Rather than just dive in with a compound?

Personally I think it’s easier to start on recurve and gent hey are cheaper.

jerryRTD

Had a quick look for replacement cam sets and other than a $59.95 set on US eBay they appear to be discontinued so sourcing a set might be tricky.

A different bow might be a better option than trying to adapt the AlphaMax.

Karl
This time a bow with rotating draw length modules