Nick, Nock…

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I seem to be going through a lot of nocks lately. I’m using Bohning Blazer nocks and recently any ‘interface’ with the target boss frame seems to rip off a fletch (no surprise) and shear off the nock flush with the end of the shaft. The carbon arrow shafts seem un damaged.
The changes in my equipment are new shafts of the same 500 spine but different manufacturers (probably the same factory in Ningbo..) and a new riser.

Are Blazer nocks fragile? Is there a robust nock I should try?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I have to say I'm not a fan of Bohning, and tend to swap out for Beiter when they come supplied with arrows for field.

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I have to say I'm not a fan of Bohning, and tend to swap out for Beiter when they come supplied with arrows for field.
Which one? I have a few of the yellow asymmetric ones I haven’t tried- is there a Beiter nocking shop ? There seems to be several types 😇

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I use pin nocks.

My experience was that Beiter nocks were incredibly fragile and I was replacing them literally every few ends. I swapped them for Bohning and found them much more robust. Which seemed to be the opposite of most other people's experiences.

My theory was that, when mixing manufacturers, sometimes the tolerances added up in your favour and sometimes they didn't.