Nock bump to index vane alignment

Shammo

Hi all.

I've just received a delivery of Easton Power Flight Carbon Arrows to use with a compound bow with a blade rest and hope you might be able to help me confirm there's an issue.

I ordered 12 arrows, but six of them have the nock bump - the raised marker on the circumference of the nock - 90 degrees to the left of the index/cock vane, and the other six 90 degrees to the right of the cock vane.

Am I right in concluding that like I've received a batch of 12 arrows with half of them suited to left hand shooters and the other half for right handers.

As a right hander, the arrows with nock bumps to the left of the cock vane work as the hen vanes are angled away from the blade rest, but the ones with nock bumps to the right - if placed on the rest with the bump to the left - would put the cock vane vertically down to the rest meaning they would hit it on their way out.

Last edited:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
it shouldn't really matter, just twist half of them so they match the other half. If you're using a blade rest the cock vane should be vertical when on the string.

Shirt

The bump is a suggestion only, making it easier if you want to load an arrow without looking at it (e.g. some hunting scenarios) and has zero impact on where your arrows impact. Ignore it.

Shammo

Thanks for the advice :)

I didn't realise they weren't glued in place.

Have twisted them to the correct position...

... at the cock vane, pointing upwards when on the rest.

Shammo

The bump is a suggestion only, making it easier if you want to load an arrow without looking at it (e.g. some hunting scenarios) and has zero impact on where your arrows impact. Ignore it.
Understood, cheers.

Still, seeing as it seems easy enough to twist them to the correct position, may as well.

👍