Not brilliant, but working on it

fluffchucker

It's now nearly two months since I started with my SF Forged plus.
Every Tuesday night after a session at the club, I'm ready to put it on eBay.
Thursday nights session, I'm glad I didn't get rid of it.
`Portsmouth' PB's were creeping up slowly;- 451 - 454 - 456
Then 2 weeks ago I changed my stance to open & what a difference;- 469 & tonight a 488 with a triple gold :fluffy:

Also started shooting a `Bray' for the winter league at the beginning of December
This is also creeping up;- 183 - 188 - 197 - 215
Not brilliant, but working on it

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Hey Fluff,
Great news and well done & keep it going.
Funny how a simple thing like your stance for example can improve the arrows...I used to stand square on feet side by side but now adopt an angled approach when on the line, more open.
We like 10,10,10's and it gives a huge boost on the confidence side.
Keep things going and before long you'll get to and surpass the magic 500 point mark on a Portsmouth.
Good shooting.
Paul

fluffchucker

I've just worked out that, as I started my course in September with a 371, then on 25th October I shot a 451. A 488 scored on 22nd December, then by April I should have shot a 600.
That's the mathematics, but not TOO sure if it will work out that way somehow :fluffy:

fluffchucker

Seems my maths went belly up on Thursday nights Portsmouth.....
.....but PB for the Bray went up to 219 from 215.....it's getting there :fluffy:

fluffchucker

After shooting a Frostbite last Sunday [beat my PB by 1] my learning curve now looks like the Cresta Run has been greased.
My original draw length was measured at 26", so I was told to get 29" arrows, but 30" were supplied on XX75-19/16.
On Tuesday I checked with the coach on my draw length. now it's 26.5" so I was told to cut them back to 29" which would stiffen them, but not too noticeable.
Today I met another coach/mentor & I mentioned that I was adjusting to the arrows [my excuse for bad shooting].
Now the new coach tells me that I'm hunched over & drawing with my arms, my foot position is wrong.:hissyfit:
On top of that I'm not opening up my shoulders, so my draw length isn't correct:bang:
I was going to splash some cash on new arrows next week, but ......:no: