Wanted OLD ARROWS

B

Badgerboxes

Back here again after 8-10 years when I was at Meriden Archery Club. Had a great time there and some good coaching, but after a year or so, had to break off for some time due to healt problems and when I got back to it, I lost the initial 'drive'. Not getting back to archery again now as I'm 75, but looking for a little help please with my present hobby.

My hobby now is woodwork and making bandsaw boxes - www.badgerwoodcrafters.co.uk and have an idea to use some wooden arrow halves. The half with fletches and the half with points.I thought that some traditional archers may have some broken arrows that I could pick up for a few bob rather than you just burning them. parts need to be 7-10" long ideally, but the project I have in mind may accomodate shorter parts. My contact details are on the web site and you can see what I now do.

Hope you guys at Meriden are all shooting well these days. Another idea may be an arrowsmith who mak have broken bits to get rid of?

Malcolm

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
generally the wooden arrows break just behind the pile so you get quite long shafts with the fletches still attached but it is rarer to get a broken arrow the other way round. I could happily give you some for free but will have to work out what the postage costs would be as although they are light the size of them fits into the RM awkward size parcel and thus a higher rate. You may be better off bothering your local club to get the longbow people to save you a few and collect them in person but I will let you know the price of carriage for what I have.

B

Badgerboxes

generally the wooden arrows break just behind the pile so you get quite long shafts with the fletches still attached but it is rarer to get a broken arrow the other way round. I could happily give you some for free but will have to work out what the postage costs would be as although they are light the size of them fits into the RM awkward size parcel and thus a higher rate. You may be better off bothering your local club to get the longbow people to save you a few and collect them in person but I will let you know the price of carriage for what I have.

That's very kind of you and it would be OK to cut the arrows in half to post and I will gladly pay the postage and trassfer to your account plus a drink for your help. Are the fletches feather or plastic, as feather woulkd be preferred but not absolutely essential.? When the project is complete, I will let you have a photo if I have your e-mail address. Mine is [email protected].

Malcolm