Old Hoyt Stabilisers

Barry C

If you look on the back page of the simple art of winning by rick mckinney there are some hoyt stabilisers. I can still buy them over here and the colours are cool. What were they like and what were they made of can anyone remember?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
How old would they be?
Recently,I feel stabilisers have developed into much better items than they ever were. Some were so springy that they induced vibrations into the bow rather than anything else.

jerryRTD

If my memory sevres then most old stabs were ally, and designed to be used with TFC's because they were too rigid they were designed not to flex so that the TFC did the work.

SimonW

well, looking at the back of the book, the stabilisers are:

Hoyt Carbon Grapite
Hoyt Carbon Kevlar Composite

Made by HASCO Enterprises Inc. (Japan)

And they come (came?) in Silver, White, Blue, Red, Black.

My edition was published in 1996.

I haven't seen these in the UK (but then I stopped shooting from 1997 - 2005).

I notice that the thread/bushings at the ends are internal fitting. All of the current carbon, carbon/aluminium stabilisers are external (i.e. the stabiliser rod fits into a steel or aluminium sleeve).

This might be a weak point.

Depending on price it might be worth a try - if only for the colours!!.

Simon

SimonW

Barry,

what is the price difference (preferably converted to UK pounds please!!)?

They look nice.

Simon

Barry C

Last time i checked its 211 yen for a pound, usually i take off two zeros and divide by two to estimate the UK equivalent - somethings here are super expensive, like G3 being 100 000 en which is 500 smackers!!! Also they had never seen beiter in out nocks strangely.