Oopsie

Insanity-Rocks

Last Wednesday I went up my club around 5pm to get my sight marks ready for the first field shoot of the season with my brand new arrows. I chose a distance, got myself ready and drew my bow. I aimed at the target but when settling on the gold it seemed really dark and blurry through my peep, I figured it was down to the dying light, or maybe my peep was slightly wonky (which happens every now and then seeing as I shoot my compound off my fingers) and took the shot anyway. I hear a bang, crash, snap and a clatter.... With no idea what happened we approached the boss, to find this

snapped arrow.jpg

Somehow it ended up snapping, with both parts of the arrow entering the boss, with the point pointing to the shooting line. After standing around scratching our heads for a while we realised what happened. Leaning up against a tree in the shadows to the left of the boss was a spare target. I had somehow aimed at that one (no wonder it looked so dark!) The arrow ended up bouncing off that tree before impaling itself into the boss.

It does raise the question though on how would that be scored if it happened during a competition?

Is that silly enough for you? :p

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
And with new arrows as well... that makes it even more worthy!! ;)

(are both parts in the 1, or have you managed a line-cutter 2 there??)

Insanity-Rocks

And with new arrows as well... that makes it even more worthy!! ;)

(are both parts in the 1, or have you managed a line-cutter 2 there??)
The nock is definitely a linecutter 2, the other bit is a 1. To add maybe another problem it didn't go in pile first....

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I'm sure the rules just say "shaft"... I'd call a '2' and see if anyone challenged...

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Hello,

Hmmm.....and new arrows to boot !!

A 1 and a 2.....something to work on then !!! :raspberry

Paul