Peter Bakewell elite longbow

Willy1

Hi everyone, I have just bought a secondhand Peter Bakewell Longbow,it's a beautiful bow,but,I know nothing about it.
Does anyone know anything about the 'elite' model longbow ,what types of wood it's made from,dates etc,
Any information will be appreciated,
Thank you,
John Walker

Willy1

Hi Berny, thank you very much for the information, its really useful, have you any idea when the elite was for sale at £ 350.00 ?
Its a beautiful bow, is it top quality ?

Berny

Hi Berny, thank you very much for the information, its really useful, have you any idea when the elite was for sale at £ 350.00 ?
Its a beautiful bow, is it top quality ?
Copyright notice on website when snapshot taken says '16 but
Poss. ~'19 and maybe as late as '21 as Pete retired & took down his website.
Website at June 2021, but dunno when last updated ;-)

This from '16 1646579964265.png

& it was £292 in '12.

Last edited:

Lou Limb

Hi.

I have Pete’s details as he had his workshop
at Welbeck where we lived. I can get in touch with him as he retired last March though he still works a bit from home. Let me know if you need more info.

Willy1

Hi Lou, Yes please that would be very helpful, Please could you ask when it was made, what types of wood is it made from and anything else he could tell me about it,
The bow is an Elite Longbow , 72" 41lb at 28" No 1897,

Thank you Lou.

Willy1

Hi everyone, I have just bought a second hand Peter Bakewell Longbow, it's a beautiful bow ,but,I know nothing about it.
Does anyone know anything about the 'elite' model longbow ,what types of wood it's made from,dates etc,
Any information will be appreciated,
Thank you,
John Walker
Now for sale £225.00 + £20.00 postage,,41 lb draw@28" - is now too low a draw weight for me. Excellent condition , email - [email protected] for photos.

Attachments

Last edited: