Pointless...

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Not sure if this warrants a Fonz award...it might be too common an occurrence.
First indoor sesh of the season last night...I've been having trouble lately due to injury, so was looking forward to starting the indoor season. Got all set up with my lightweight bow, and started shooting with the 'indoor' set-up - and literally every 4th arrow heads off into the net on the left of the target. Three or four ends in, still doing the same, so I get hubbie to watch me to make sure I'm not doing something particularly stupid. He points out that he's only been shooting for about 3 months, so probably not a particularly good judge, but settles down to watch anyway, bless him. And sure enough, 4th arrow twangs off to the left for no reason that either of us can figure out...we get down to the target to pull arrows, and the chap on the target to our left hands me the arrow from the floor and says, er, don't know if you noticed, but there's no point in that arrow. Sure enough, upon closer inspection, there is indeed no point. Just a nice aluminium tube...which the entire club watched me shoot several times without noticing...and which I collected and shot at least 4 times...d'oh!

Skyfox

Isn't it that an arrow without a tip/point is like having a stiffer spine and therefore for a right-handed archer it has to fly off to the left?

Graham Smith

AIUK Saviour
Isn't it that an arrow without a tip/point is like having a stiffer spine and therefore for a right-handed archer it has to fly off to the left?
That makes sense. It's even worse when you do it outdoors. The arrow gets stuffed with dirt.:mad: