Potentially busy June

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Three Sundays of field tournaments in June; one is a bit far but we'll try and make them.
Rather exciting!
Sadly the others clash with our 5 week annual Summer trip away and a weekend of Coastguard training.

Any of you have any/many planned?

Corax67

Opposite for me this year - I’ve pulled out of all comps I’d entered for at least the next 3 months after two bouts of pneumonia in 7 weeks :(

Good to see you are enjoying field, have a great summer.

Karl

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
You poor chap Karl; my dad was hospitalised with it a few months ago. It was pretty nasty.

I hope you recover soon.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
between the start of April & the end of Sept I have four weekends that have yet to have some archery inserted into them. Of the weekends that are booked up I am only actually shooting at 7 of them.

Corax67

You poor chap Karl; my dad was hospitalised with it a few months ago. It was pretty nasty.

I hope you recover soon.

Shot a New National yesterday with the longbow - first time out in 2 weeks - and after just 4 dozen I was struggling. Fought the bow for the next 2 dozen just to finish the round out of sheer stubbornness.

Once I got home I then fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours because I was exhausted.

May take a while to get back to any sort of acceptable fitness level.

Karl

Corax67

There are people a lot worse off than me - may be a good excuse for not reaching Master Bowman in longbow this year though ;)

Karl

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Booked our first shoot on the 2nd June. No idea how we?ll get on but looking forward to it! Then another on the 9th.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Just club shooting for me - though I hope to attend a compo before the end of the outdoor season, even if only as an observer -

It's usually a major expedition to reach even DNAA events from here, one of the few disadvantages to living in the beautiful countryside of 'Roman Wall' territory.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Just club shooting for me - though I hope to attend a compo before the end of the outdoor season, even if only as an observer -

It's usually a major expedition to reach even DNAA events from here, one of the few disadvantages to living in the beautiful countryside of 'Roman Wall' territory.
We are in a proper Archery drought territory at the opposite end of the country here but a few clubs do exist. The Celtic spirit prevails (occasionally)!

Corax67

Get yourself out of Cornwall and up to Kent my friend, we still have the sea and more clubs than you can shake a stick at - around 43 at last count - some of which also manage to enjoy a natter and a beer.

My inbox is constantly getting mails listing yet more comps to fill my weekends if I so wished and the county list just keeps on updating throughout the year.

Karl

chrisgas

Supporter
Supporter
Busy June, started licence applications, so now I have to replace the septic tank with a water treatment system, "EU rules". My architect told me 7-9k, I told him I could do one for under 1.5k. So I'll be building a 8,000 litre system. Is this archery related? It is to me. I did join a club 40km away but not much time to shoot with them.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Get yourself out of Cornwall and up to Kent my friend, we still have the sea and more clubs than you can shake a stick at - around 43 at last count - some of which also manage to enjoy a natter and a beer.

My inbox is constantly getting mails listing yet more comps to fill my weekends if I so wished and the county list just keeps on updating throughout the year.

Karl
Don't forget that we only do archery a little bit. Yep we enjoy it but it's a background activity.
We surf (loads), trail run our lovely coast paths, cycle, sea swim, all sorts and watch the sun set over the sea every night from our living room. Yep its a but rubbish for archery but it's definitely great in many other ways!
Having lived in the SE until I was 14, I like to visit but I honestly think living there would kill me!

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Busy June, started licence applications, so now I have to replace the septic tank with a water treatment system, "EU rules". My architect told me 7-9k, I told him I could do one for under 1.5k. So I'll be building a 8,000 litre system. Is this archery related? It is to me. I did join a club 40km away but not much time to shoot with them.
Sounds like hard work. We might nip over to Alicante again if we get the chance - Santa Pola.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
A cracking round with the club and a barbecue in the woods afterwards. Me and my son loved it again. So glad to have found a style that suits us. And such great people too!